1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She is straight, but does she like me?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by caseystar, Jul 11, 2014.

1. caseystar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have known this straight girl for some time now just only in passing, but recently we have started talking more - a lot more. She is going through a divorce right now and I'm being supportive. She told me at one point a few weeks ago that she was not interested in any man or woman right now (I suspect she said woman so maybe I wouldn't pursue?). I respect that. Yet she seems to love spending time with me. We can talk for hours and we have spent a few late nights texting about everything. Last night she told me that I get her personality and asked what my sign was. I don't talk to anyone else in my life this much and I joked that we were making up for lost time - she agreed. We are both tomboys and have lots in common - we really seem to click and I think she knows that. I think she is beautiful but I don't want to go there because of what she is going through. Yesterday afternoon we met up with the kids and we hung out for a while - lots of talking. Then as we were leaving she mentioned she wanted to text later (even after spending all afternoon with me) - we ended up texting until after midnight last night. I don't know if she is spending all this time with me because she needs the support/friendship right now or if she's maybe a little curious (she knows I like women)?

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Seems lie she just needs the support right now

3. eileen

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Difficult to say. Going through a divorce must be very difficult and it sounds like she is getting a lot of support from you. How would you feel about asking her? I guess it partly depends on how much not knowing bothers you, because it's important to also look after yourself in all that. Maybe seek an answer when you feel that you need some clarity and enjoy the crush in the meantime.

4. Really

I would just try to be her friend until she has been disentangled from the whole divorce business. She's probably enjoying your company and conversations because you're not part of the divorce. (Oh. And because you're nice). You're her "happy place". I would just enjoy it. Maybe when it's done you can joke about how you feel like her girlfriend. Only if it seems appropriate, though. :frowning2:

5. caseystar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks everyone. It's been tough. Last night I told her that someday I would find out the things she does like (because thus far I had known only things she didn't) and then asked how her day went. Immediately she sent this long list of things near and dear to her heart. She called it "her resume". It wasn't a real resume of course, but don't people send resumes to prospective employers... Hmmmmm. Maybe I'm just reading more into it. I really like this girl ...alot. I care so much for her.