1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Akira12, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So me and my grandma are going on a trip to Montana sometime this month and I was wondering if I should come out to her then? Iv lived with her for basic,y 17 yrs on and off but mostly with her since my mom wasn't dry to be a mom and such, plus me and my step dad don't get along very well. I was thinking of coming out to her but she's in her 60s and a Jehovah witness so I'm not sure if I should. I love her and would love to come out to her but I don't want her to go off bout bible references or something really horrible and might not happen but I'm still afraid if I came out what if she had a heart attack or something? Should I do it when in the hotel relaxing or driving? Should I come out? I'm also afraid that if I came out to her first she will tell my mom then she will get upset I didn't tell her first and then my step dad will find out and well chaos ensues basically since he's a homophobic Christian like EXTEME homophobic >_> lol so sorry for all the questions but need so advice. What do u guys/girls think?

2. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it's alright to ask all these questions. you took the first step in the "coming out process" and decided to think it through. for that, i commend you. so i'd say first, try to get her perspective on what she thinks about the LGBT community in general. at least initiate a conversation and tie that with her beliefs. Jehovah witnesses can be very extreme about their beliefs, so you never know. unless she has a really bad heart condition, you shouldn't be too afraid to tell her. my preference is telling them in a private area where both of you aren't too focused on something. Driving is not a good place haha.

you should come out the closet when you're ready. when you're definitely set and sure that you are gay. try to consider the situation around you as much as possible and think what can be best. you can try asking some of the other religious folks here and see what they think about the best way to approach this. i'm definitely sure they got some answers you're looking for. for now, from what your situation looks like, i'd say hold it off a bit and read through some of the forums here before you go into battle :slight_smile: hope this helps!

3. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you! Can't type how much I appreciate your advice lol typing doesn't do it justice if u know what I mean lol. Yea thank you for all the advice and yes the forums are a knowledge confidence treasure trove lol. Thanks again!

4. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yea sure, anytime, if you need more advice, don't afraid to ask any one of us. i can definitely tell you that you'll be much more prepared then you have now.

5. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Alrighty I shall! Thanks! Have a fantastic week! ^_^