1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coming out? moving too fast? dating?!?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by IamSecret, Jul 13, 2014.

1. IamSecret

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Long story short:

ever since I was about 4 years old I noticed that I liked boys and girls the same.. But I know that family isn't super supportive, so have NEVER SAID ANYTHING..!!

I met this girl who is super sweet, and I really like her, and it turns out that she really likes me!
    Today we kind of went on a date together (this was my first date with a girl/person of the same gender) and I found out that pretty much everyone we work with knows that she likes me.

I guess, I don't really know how to say it...
    she is very forward and moves fast, and I want to take things slower..
    I feel like she is outing me on accident because she talks to everyone about everything, and I have only come out to my best friend (who came out to me as Trans, ftm, a few years ago) and obviously to this girl that I like. I
    I feel like if I tell her to stop she will think that I am ashamed if her, or am embarrassed...

Ugh.
    I don't know how to say what im going through or how to ask for help...?

I mean, how do I tell her that "yes, I do like her and want to go out, but keep it on the down low because only 2 people know, and I don't want to be rushed or outed before im ready/comfortable; and I am not embarrassed by her"??

Where we are, news and gossip travel FAST, and im am uncomfortable.

(and at the same time "OH MY GOD, I just had a great first date with a super awesome girl!!!!!!)

2. ABeautifulMind

If you are not ready to come out, you have every right to tell her that.

Most likely she will understand having been through the same thing.

I would suggest gently telling her that you are still in the closet because your not ready to tell everyone and you would appreciate her respecting that. I am sure she will be fine with that.

3. sammy1

Simply just tell her you are not ready to be out to EVERYONE just yet. She should understand. Going from coming out to one person to a lot of people knowing would be very overwhelming in my opinion and it's your choice who to be out to.