1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

to come out or not right now.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by looking for me, Jul 13, 2014.

1. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    some might know my story, i came out to myself this past spring and to my counselor and family doctor. i made contact with some local LGBT folks last week and i am moving forward on that front. i've been holding off coming out to my son, he's 15 almost 16 until the dust settles from my divorce, that's not quite settled yet and might not be for a couple of months. i had hoped that it would be done by Pride which starts tomorrow and i am going to the festival next sunday, he knows im going but not the real reason why.

so the question is do i tell him, maybe not this week but not waiting months either?

all input is appreciated, thanks

2. HTBO

What's was his reaction about you going to pride? It may be a good opportunity to tell him. Do you think he will react badly when you tell him, or do you think he'll be supportive? How is he handling the divorce, if it's difficult, it may not be the time, but if he's handling it well, then it may not be a problem.He's not a little kid anymore, so unless he's really homophobic, he'll probably understand, or he may not even care. I guess it really depends on your son, his level of maturity, and whether you think he can handle the news.