1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by chloecoo, Jul 14, 2014.

1. chloecoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi. lately I keep thinking if I should maybe come out but the more I think about it the more I think it's a horrible idea and I'm really scared my parents will just hate me. They're not exactly open or anything like that and they're religious and I just don't want want to loose them. The only 2 other gay kids that went to my school get bullied and get so much shit and I feel so bad for them but I don't want to be them so I'm really scared.I've never told anyone about me not even my best friend the only person who knows is this girl I kissed last year from summer camp. But also I feel like people just know sometimes like they're staring at me or something and I'm so paranoid all the time that they just know. I kinda wanna just come out so I don't have to be like this anymore but I'm too freaked out and I don't know what to do and I don't want to be like this anymore. do u think it's a good idea or a bad idea?

2. Kj802

Hey I just wrote a long paragraph than my wifi cut out so I am gonna make this short and sweet.
    1. If your parents love you, they will adapt and learn to accept you.
    2. At school don't come out do everyone only people you can trust who are LGBT friendly.
    3. You are not the only one who has felt scared about coming out, almost everyone has that has had to come out.
    4. It is good to find one good friend whom you can trust. You will be how far just a little support can go.
    Good luck. Hope everything goes we'll and you start to feel confident again.

3. chloecoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    thanks. I really don't know if my parents will accept me but I hope they do I just don't want to loose them. I feel like I just think about coming out but I don't actually want to do it or I can't. I know it's sad but I seriously don't even have a friend that close or who I can tell who I don't think will freak out or worse. I just been thinking about it a lot lately and what will happen. sorry. I feel really stupid now

4. Kj802

I actually know how you feel, I don't have any super close friends whom I could trust. So as a second resort I come here on EC, there are lots people want to help you. Also something else you could try is bring up something about The LGBT community in a conversation. See what they say, how do they react? Are they against, neutral or for the LGBT community?
    Also a lot of parents have stages of acceptance that they go through.(Denial, Anger, Grief, acceptance, Etc..) so when you do come out they may need some time to work things out in their head and come to terms with it. :slight_smile:

5. chloecoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I mean I'm pretty sure they're not very accepting of lgbt just from church and everything but I've never heard them talk about it so that's a good idea maybe I'll try to bring it up and see what they say I just hope it's not horrible :frowning2: and thanks <3

6. Kj802

No worries, something else I want to add, having got Christian parents myself, I know that even though they will probably accept me they will try and convert me from my so called, 'sinful ways'. So when you do come out, if you think this might happen it is good to strongly express that you have no intention of trying to change and you would like them to love you as you are. :slight_smile:

7. chloecoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    yeah that's what I'm scared of. I have what I want to say in my head but I don't know if I can ever actually do it and I don't know if it's worth loosing my family and I'm so scared that's what'll happen and I know they don't agree w being gay but I'm not sure 100% how they feel like I've never heard them really talk about it. For a sec I started to panic that some1 on here will know who I am and they will all find out. I think I'm just paranoid now that I'm actually talking about this. I don't think I'm strong enough to actually tell them but I kind of wish I was but then I think about it and I don't think it's a good idea I just wish they were different about this stuff I mean I love them but u know what I mean

8. Kj802

Yea it is hard when you just want your parents to understand but they will most likely refuse to. :\