1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out at college?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by itsAli, Jul 14, 2014.

1. itsAli

So I've been at college for a year (The last 2 years of High school in England) and I'm going back in September, a few of my friends know I'm transgender, and I want to start presenting male, the thing is, everyone in my classes already know me as *birth name* and 'she'
    And I don't know how to go about coming out
    I'm going to wear my binder daily and present masculine and start transitioning.
    Does anyone have any advice?

2. person57

Remember that you don't have to come out now and you can do it whenever you feel ready :slight_smile: That's great that you told some friends of yours!! I think that presenting masculine and transitioning is a great idea. Also, there's lots of ways to come out. You can tell people in person, do it over phone, email, write a letter, over social networks, etc. Do what ever way feels best for you. Also, if you get any hate, then fuck the haters. They don't matter to you. Don't care what they think or say about you because they would be wrong about you. Love and embrace who you are. Good luck coming out!! You can do it. We're always here to support you (*hug*)

3. itsAli

Thank you, I was at a party last night with loads of friends from college and I was presenting male, I came out to all of them and they were all so supportive, I got giant hugs and they gendered me correctly(except for one butthole there, but he was being mean to everyone)

4. person57

Congratulations at coming out to everyone!! I'm glad that most people supported you, that's great and I'm proud of you for coming out to them. Fuck that guy who was being a jerk. He doesn't matter to you. Don't let him bring you down and don't care what he thinks or says. Congratulations again (*hug*)