1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need advice on my sexuality

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LemonPumps, Jul 14, 2014.

1. LemonPumps

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm bi but I'm not sure if it's a phase or not because I'm a teenage girl. I've always liked girl and guys but I realized it recently and idk if I should come out because it was so recently? Also I have always liked girls but I was always nervous about the idea of dating one but I've accepted it. Should I come out because I don't know if my feelings for girls are going to fade away because it would be so embarrassing if I came out bi and then went straight again after a month or two what should I do?

2. pigpassport

pigpassport Guest

If you're not sure in yourself that you are actually bi then I would say wait. It may be a phase, it was for me, but then it may not be. If you've only just realised that you think you might be bi, definitely wait a bit longer, until you've worked out more what you're actually attracted to if your issue is that you want people to take you seriously and not think you were doing it for attention or whatever you're worried they might think.

That said, anyone who really cares if you come out as bi now but a few months down the line say "hey it was just a phase I was confused I'm actually straight/gay" isn't worth your time. People are often confused about their sexuality and the most important people in your life will be able to accept that if that turns out to be the case and you tell them that. If it turns out not to be the case the most important people in your lives will be the ones who will accept you for being bi anyway

3. charmander

It's no race. You've won half of the battle just by accepting what you've stated. But I still think you should give it time. There is no rush. If you're feelings for both sex remain then consider the actions you should take. If they do dissolve also wait but only a little while. they might come back quickly after. It's mostly a waiting game unfortunately.

4. idream

idream Guest

I was the same way, essentially. I always liked guys and then I thought maybe I like girls. My feelings developed over months and it made more and more sense. Finally I got the nerve to tell my stepmom and she told me she already knew. And it was that moment that I realized, of course, I've always felt this way. Now I'm about 80 percent sure I'm gay but its okay because I'm only 16. Somebody on this site told me sexuality can be fluid and even if you come out and it changes, its fine. Its whatever you feel comfortable with. Good luck:slight_smile:

5. Jami3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Sexuality is a fluid thing. Give it time and if your attractions remain, and if you're sure of yourself go ahead and come out at your own pace. :slight_smile:

6. wolf of fire

You might be bi but it is fluid and labels can be unpeeled and replaced

7. Katbot

If youre unsure about coming out, then dont come out. And remember that you dont have to be in the closet one day and fully out the next. If you have a friend who'd be cool with you being bi, then come out to them first, and maybe talk to them about what your feeling.

I would wait for a while before coming out. I had accepted myself as bi for about a month and a half, but I kind of figured out that once I had given myself the freedom to think about my sexuality, I realised that my attraction to boys wasnt exactly all I had thought it to be. You might be bi, you might not be, but its okay to take time to be sure and comfortable with yourself.

8. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First follow my advice on my signature and if you need to talk inbox me.

9. GeekMonkey

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I might come across as biphobic now, but coming out as bi is the safest thing you can do when you're still unsure.
    Even if you come out and then realize you're actually straight, it doesnt really matter, because you might just as well be a bi girl who only dates men at the moment.
    Men are more easily available to date if you're female, so I doubt anybody'd find it odd.
    So if you wanna come out, go ahead, I doubt anyone will care too much.

10. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    give it time, i guess. it sounds like you're still in the middle of figuring yourself out. you always have the option of telling people that you just weren't as sure and ready at the time. we all start off somewhere at some point in our lives.