1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telling my dad

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BDog9499, Jul 14, 2014.

1. BDog9499

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey,
    So I've been out to everybody but my family for almost a year now and it feels good to be able to express who I really am, but the thought of coming out to my dad scares me so much!! He is super str8 and when I told him I was quitting baseball he was devastated. I think he already kind of knows because whenever I hang out with my girlfriends he asks if I like any of them, which turns into a conversation about if I even like girls, which I always say yes to in fear of him having a rage and disowning me or something! I've had the feeling to come out for a little while now but he keeps making little homophobic comments without even trying which kind of shoots me down. So how should I go about coming out to him???

2. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Next time he asks you if you like any of them, you can tell him that you like them as friends, but you don't feel comfortable with them as girlfriends, because you aren't attracted to girls as sex objects, and feel more comfortable hanging out with the other guys, so you might turn out to be gay when you are older, but you don't know because you are only 14.

3. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    just say you don't really have any interest in women for now. when the time comes to get out the closet, it's up to you. you don't really have to rush it right now, and i know how annoying it can get hearing that all the time. i'd say try to find a way for him to not press it on you so much

4. Candace

I mean, you are 14, so just say that you're not interested in girls right now. Be rational about it and say "well, why would I want a girlfriend? I could get her pregnant. I have to concentrate on my studies, etc. etc.". Something that will deter him from asking you those same annoying questions.