1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice needed...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Half-Light, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Half-Light

Ok, I have been talking to this guy online who I have been in contact with for several months starting back to November, i think, of last year. Recently he has just been getting really depressed out of nowhere and nothing I say helps at all. He just brushes me off. He says he listens, but I wonder if he actually is. See, he's foreign and wants to come to America, but he doesn't have any money, so he keeps on putting himself down. And he has been struggling between handling an online boyfriend and a f*** buddy at home. I love this guy to death, he's like my brother, and I can't stand to hear him like this. I have talked to him on the phone before and that seemed to calm him down a little during one of his episodes...but I just dont know what to do anymore. He also thinks he is better off dead than being on earth. His past has lead him to believe he is too weak and deserves to be punished all the time. I wont go into details, but its just getting to the point where my caring for him is not enough. He and I had a rough start in the beginning whenever we started talking online, but I am pretty sure we have those all settled. But anyway, I really need advice on what to do...Please help me! :help:

2. The best thing you can do is keep consoling him and tell him that the idea that he deserves to be punished all the time is ludicrous. Tell him that there are people who do care for him, it's really the best thing you can do outside him getting actual treatment for his depression.