1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

teachers, especially older ones

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by smokey-knows-all, Jul 15, 2014.

1. smokey-knows-all

i think when the school year starts im gona tell my teachers that i wana go by Jayce now instead of Sydney which also means if i go back to JROTC im gona have to tell the colonel to call me Mr not Mrs... hes 60 something and as far as I know the only group of people he doesnt like is the democrats but im still slightly worried about it all. Last year he was totally cool about me wanting the mens uniform shirt instead of the womens one though so i think that's a good sign right?

2. Candace

Yeah, I mean...I think the military has grown to accept gays (take it from personal experience of having friends who were in the military and have accepted me fully). If he's 60, then that puts him at 1954, so he was around during the late 1960s and early 70s, a time of radical change in this country. So, it's not like he'd be an old coot who's steadfast in his ways. I think it's a good sign indeed, but I'd be more surprised if the guy were 80 or something.

3. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yea, i think military officials grown over time to accept LGBT individuals, i guess it doesn't really matter for them, as long as they bear the uniform and stand by the code. i think they wouldn't mind unless they're really against it. unless you're a democrat, i'd say you're good haha.