1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Being Outed!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LadyLover, Jul 16, 2014.

1. LadyLover

So, my girlfriend of 1 year in two months' parents figured out that we're together. Her dad saw us sleeping in the same bed a month or two ago at a sleepover and he talked to her mom. He confronted her about it like, "*****, are you dating *****?" And she didn't want to come out for a few more years. What do I do? We're both thirteen and we may never get to have a sleepover again! Her parent's wont let her hang out with me at all right now, but they still haven't told my folks. NEED HELP!

- LadyLover :kiss: (!)

2. BethLauren

I always slept in the same bed as my female friends at sleepovers (as did all my straight friends)! It was just what we did. Could you try and convince them that its normal (because as far as I know, it is), or is it to late for that?

I'm very sorry you're in this situation!

3. LadyLover

I don't know if we can. Me and her were sleeping in separate beds at the beginning of it. She also said he's gonna talk to my mom. . . I never thought I'd have to face this problem.

4. BethLauren

I guess you could tell them one of you had a nightmare and got scared or something? At 13 thats still fairly reasonable.

Maybe it would be best if you could talk to your mum first? If its unavoidable that he's going to tell her anyway, it would probably be better for it to come for you. How do you think she'd react?

5. LadyLover

Well I mean. . . Our RELATIONSHIP is being outed. My girlfriend is in the closet but I'm out. . . Mostly. My mom knows I'm a Lesbian. . . I just don't know how she'd feel about me being in a relationship. . . My girlfriend's parents are also kinda scary to me. . .

6. BethLauren

Ohhh I see. Still, talking to your mother first about your relationship is a good idea. I'm sure she'd still appreciate hearing it from you, rather than another source. I could understand her being a bit apprehensive about it, considering your age, but if she's accepting of your sexuality I don't imagine she would react too awfully.

7. LadyLover

My girlfriend wants to deny it still. But I don't. I don't know what to doooo!

8. DancingGirl

As a parent I would want you to tell me about your girlfriend. But I would also not want you having sleep overs with her. I don't think you should for lack of a better word abuse your same sex relationship to have sleep overs. Especially at your age.
    Now on to your relationship. Her coming out is her journey. She has to decide what is best for her.
    In all I think you need to talk to your mom. Truth leads to trust. My mom always trusted me because I told her the truth. Good luck.

9. LadyLover

DancingGirl, It's not like I'm gonna have sex with her. We respect each other and do not plan on having sex until we're 18 and move in together.

---------- Post added 16th Jul 2014 at 03:35 PM ----------

We've also been bullied for the relationship when we tried being in an out relationship at school. They called me a "fag" and it's been hard.

10. DancingGirl

I wasn't implying that you were going to have sex. I am just saying that if you are a couple sleepovers really shouldn't be an option. If she were a boy it wouldn't be. As a parent I would feel you are trying to take advantage of having a same sex relationship by hiding it from the parent. I am not saying you have to be out to everyone. But if your mom knows you are gay then she should know who you are dating. It is your gf's choice to not come out. I understand how harsh kids can be. One of my best friends wasn't out yet but still had dyke carved into her locker door every year. So plz understand I am simpathic to your feelings.
    I am just trying to give you my perspective as a parent. How I would respond to one of my daughters hiding that from me. I am glad you respect one another and want to wait to have sex.
    It is also hard for me to wrap my mind around a 13yr old talking about something so adult. At that age romantic feelings of any kind didn't really exist for me. I wish you well and hope everything works out for you. Good luck.

11. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That's odd that they would freak out like that! Girls sleep in the same beds at sleepovers all the time.