1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I havnt Came out yet.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ayyeeitsdaniel, Jul 16, 2014.

1. ayyeeitsdaniel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have been wanting to come out for a while now. I tired when i was 13 years old but my parents just said i was confused. Im afraid to come out because I dont want my parents to disown me. I need help on how to come out. I have been getting more and more depressed as the years go by. I've known that I was gay since I was 12. I've always wanted to come out to my family but I'm afraid that they wont accept it. I don't know what to do and really need help. Any Advice?

#1 ayyeeitsdaniel, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  2. Hyaline

Sometimes in cases where you are in your teens (says you are 16 now in your profile), parents are likely to think it is just a phase. If that is the case and you've already told them then I would leave it be. It's possible they might not accept it until you are a bit older and they feel you understand what you are saying. I am not saying you do or don't, just that the perception by parents is often that kids change their minds so much and this is just a phase. This is by nothing more than experience when they were a kid and having their own experiences growing up. (Yeap, you have to suffer because of it)

If you've said you are gay, and they said you were confused, then you can try and tell them again. Sometimes, some parents will hear you after time has passed and you bring it up again. Of course there is always the shock therapy of 'oh hi mom and dad, this is dave, my boyfriend' and then leave it at that.. :slight_smile:

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you know that your parents are not going to accept you being gay, then why do you want to risk coming out? If you think that they could disown you or throw you out, then it might be best for you to wait to come out. If you do decide to come out, I would have a plan b in place so if they are not accepting you can go there for a while.

I know that that might not be what you want to hear, but in the end having a place to live and food to eat is more important for now.