1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Married, gay and came out to my best friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by manwithnoname7, Jul 17, 2014.

1. manwithnoname7

The title of my post says it all. I've come out to a lot of strangers on the internet but never to anyone in real life. My friend started off by saying you know maybe you might be bi, but the more I spilled my guts (and it was no holds barred, graphic stuff, my friend is pretty good like that), the more it became clearer that, even if I'm not 100% only attracted to men, and I'm not, that my sexual attractions are much stronger towards men than women.Once I'd finished, I asked her if knowing all of that, now did she think I was gay, the answer was yes, definitely. And it felt so great to have that feeling affirmed.

So now beings the hard bit, dealing with my wife and kids and house and everything that that entails. But having come out to my most trusted friend, I feel that it is now something more tangible, as opposed to some sort of mania that I lie awake at night fretting over.

2. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You might want to come over to the LGBT Later in Life forum, where many of us are in the same boat as you.