1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just don't know..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by clAsh, Jul 18, 2014.

1. clAsh

clAsh Guest

I'm not really sure how to go about doing this. My mom has always told me that I could tell her anything and she wouldn't judge me. But I just don't know. I can't really predict how she's going to react and that freaks me out. My dad is most likely going to flip out so I'm (sort of) prepared for that. I'm thinking about telling my brother first, we're pretty close and he's already asked me once, not too long ago if I was a lesbian (because I haven't dated since my senior year in high school, which was 3 years ago) which I'm not, I'm bi. Or I was thinking about contacting one of my friends who came out in high school and talking to her. I haven't talked to her since we graduated though. There isn't really anyone else that I can think of that I would trust to be able to keep it to themselves for a while. Any advice? Opinions?

2. Jwis

I think you have two pretty decent options available to you.

First you could tell your brother, you said he already asked you if you were a lesbian, I'm sure he would be open minded about it you told him that you were bisexual. It can help to have an anchor, someone you can trust to be there for you when you first start the coming out process. I know it helped a lot for me.

I think contacting that friend could be a great idea. How was your relationship before you graduated? Who knows this could bring the two of you closer together and might rekindle a friendship. I know If someone contacted me asking for help with their sexual identity issues I would set aside and pretty much any negative feelings I had for that person and help them out. I know, as she probably does to what a difficult time it can be when you are at this step of your life.

Hope I could be of some help, but best of luck in whatever you decide!
    We are all here for you :slight_smile:

3. clAsh

clAsh Guest

We were good friends, we just grew apart after school ended. Thank you so much! You did help, this was the boost of confidence I needed to do this. I'm going to tell my brother soon. I'll probably message my friend on Facebook after I talk to my brother.