1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I keep myself from saying anything that might give too much away?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by holyheckhockey, Jul 20, 2014.

1. holyheckhockey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Ok, I have been a furry for quite awhile. I haven't told my parents, as they'd literally judge me to death. I really want to get more active in the furry community, and ive already had a furhead commissioned for me, but I'm worried that if my parents find out about me being a furry they'll find out about my sexuality as well. If they don't understand furries they'll sit me down and have me explain and I don't want to accidentally say too much. I guess what i'm asking is, How can I hide my furry side from them and if they find out how can I explain it to them without giving away my sexuality? I really don't feel ready to tell them as of yet.
    Thank you so much! All advice and help is more than appreciated.

2. xylophones

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Being a furry and being LGBT are not synonymous. If they do find out you're a furry, I wouldn't expect them to suspect you're bisexual. If they find out you're a furry and you are worried they might find out you're bisexual, sit them down and tell them that even though you are interested in furries it doesn't make you any different than you were before. Educate them so that they do not need to educate themselves and make their own assumptions.

Good luck!

#2 xylophones, Jul 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2014