1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Needed

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kk31, Apr 21, 2007.

1. kk31

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It'd be really great if someone could give me advice on this situation cos i'm completely lost in what I should do.

I have this friend who i met almost 2 years ago now and the first time we met, we sort of clicked straight away! We became best friends so fast! He's almost 2 years younger than me which is a problem because i'm 18 but he acts a lot older for his age and he's more mature! So we had this big group of friends and me and him we're better friends with each other than we were with the rest of them even tho we didn't know each other that well!

After a few weeks he started grabbing my ass and doing all those stupid things as a joke! But after a while it became more than a joke to me because he'd start doing more things like lying on top of me in a sex position kind of way! All of our friends started 2 notice and they started to slag him and whenever he'd do something i'd let out a shout pretending to be scared! He got really pissed off by this and asked me to stop telling them! When he's around he'd always have his hand down his boxers feeling his cock! Most of the time I had to stay sitting down to hide boners from all these things he did! He was always there for me when I needed to talk to someone and he asked me 1 day if he could come to my house! At the time I was scared and said no cos i wasn't completely aware of what exactly was going on! After a while he started asking me if i was gay! I'd always say no and ask him why he thought this! He never said tho! He'd just constantly ask me!

So time went on and I didn't see him much during the months of school but then New Years Eve 2005 came along! All our friends were drinking in the bushes except us! He hated drink because his dad is an alcoholic and his parents are separated and his lives with his mum! So there was these girls there and I'd never kissed one properly before and one of them was really drunk and I kissed her! Everyone was watching, including him and after it, he came up to me and said "and I thought you were gay"! He went home shortly after and I think he was pissed off!

I didn't see him much after that, I left that group of friends because I didn't like them that much, they weren't very nice people! So I made new friends! They'd always slag me when I walked by and he did too! Around May last year he stopped slagging me and he came up to me and said sorry and he won't do it again! He stopped coming out of his house a while after I left the group so his friends stopped calling for him!

So it's September 2006 and we're back in school! I saw him everyday and realised how much I missed him because secretly I loved him but I was too scared back at the start to admit it! I decided to try and go after him but i didn't know how so I told some of my friends the situation but they told me I shouldn't! I tried anyway tho! I started talking to him everytime I saw him on corridors in school! I decided the only way I could get a proper chance to talk to him was by walking home with him from school! I waited for a day when his friends left him to walk home by himself! It was October now and I stood beside him after school and started talking and then he asked me to walk with him cos his friends weren't there! We started walking and I started to talk about old times with him! I asked him why he always touched me and acted gay with me and why he always asked if I was gay and why he got so pissed off on New Years Eve! He didn't answer most of them but he told me very slightly that he might like some guys (i think)! I didn't really understand what he meant! He started telling me about what a bad time he was having and how he had done stupid things in anger! I knew there was something wrong but I didn't know what, I still don't! Anyway I didn't find anything else out that day!

So we'd keep talking every now and again! I told him there was something I wanted to tell him! I was going to tell him I liked him! He told me I could only tell him on the corridor so I didn't get to tell him in the end! I tested him one day cos I brushed off his ass with my hand, he got kind of freaked out when he realised I did it! After that even if I brushed off his arm, he'd jump in fright! I kept telling him I needed to tell him something but he'd have to let me walk home with him again to explain it because it would take time! He wouldn't walk home tho! I was thinking of telling him I was bi and not that I liked him straight away! So after New Years 2006 i was on msn and he signed in! He never comes on so my heart was pounding when I saw his name pop up! I started talking to him! I asked him how his new years went! He said it was shit! I said i knew that and I told him i cared a lot about him and that he was my best friend and if he ever needs someone to talk to he can come to me! He just said thanks! The day after in school he told me I really freaked him out!

So in early March, he started asking me was I gay again everytime he saw me! I kept saying no until after I while I said "why do you keep asking? you're making me think you've got something to hide"! He smirked and didn't reply! I just said I'll tell him the truth about my sexuality if he lets me walk home with him but he said no!

So now it's Easter 2007 and we're on a 2 week break from school! He still doesn't go out with his friends so I decided to call for him one night with my friends! One of my friends who knew him started saying he felt sorry for him and we definatly should call for him but we were saying this outside his house and with his window open he heard us! When we called he said he's not coming out and he doesn't need our pity! So a week later I tried again, this time my friends started having a funny conversation with him and it went really well but he didn't come out!

So this week we're back in school and I've been talking to him loads! On Monday i was messing with him bout something! Tuesday he told me to stop calling for him but after he said that I asked him to a party which was on Friday! He said maybe (which was a big improvement) and we joked about who would be there! Wednesday he kept waving at me at lunch! On Thursday he started waving to me again before giving me the middle finger but it was in a messy kinda way and i gave him it back! So when we were walking in from lunch I asked him why he was giving me the finger and he said cos I kept staring at him! I didn't think he noticed and I wasn't staring that much! So i said to him he was staring at me and he said no he wasn't and told me to go back to my friends! Then walking down the corridor 5mins later he started waving at me again! So on Friday I asked him to the party again and he said straight out no! I said "but everyone will be drinking and i'll have no one to talk to" and he went mental when he heard there was gonna be there! He goes "I hate drink, don't go to the party if u dont want to be on your own" and that was it! Then later he just ignored me walking down the corridor and then a while later I asked him to walk home with me and he said no as usual! He's stubborn like me! My stubborness is why I haven't gotten over him after so long! I don't want to!
    But i've no idea how i'm going to persuade him to give me the chance to walk home with him so I can talk to him or get him out of his house!

So i need some advice! I love this guy, I've cried over him loads and i'm really really upset all the time about him! I want him so bad but I don't know if he wants me! I just don't know what to do, he's so stubborn that he won't move out of his routine and walk home with me or come out of his house!

So please help me if you can, it'd mean a lot!

2. SpikySpice

One thing you have to do is that tell him the truth. Tell him that you are gay or bi (whatever you think you are). The reason that is just kept asking is that he wants to know who you really are. He might be affraid that he's having a crush on a staright boy. The reason that he was startled when everytime you touch him is that he want to test you, and try to see your reaction.

If you really love him, tell him the truth, do the best you can to get him, before he is stolen by theif, don't be afraid. First you have to win yourself, overcome the fear and then, you can win his heart.

I also think that he wanted to make you feel bad because he might hate you because in his mind, you are the one who made him feel bad. At first I have been noticed the things he did, like laying on you, and got mad when you kissed that girl. He really liked you but he is also not brave enough to tell the truth. If you want him, approach him first, because gay guys tend to want to be approached, and let out all of your thoughts and feelings, your oreintation. You don't need to wait until you and him walk home together but you can try to ask him to go into a corner, or try to get to school early when not many people around.

You can also write him a note, but I might afraid he will show others, that's what happend to me, and I was pissed for a whole week.

So, gather all your strengths, courage, and try to met him and say everything. One thing I'm afraid is that you make him losing his patence, and he might withdraw and try to forget about you because he thinks you and him won't have a chance to have a good relationship.

I have to say gay guys are hard to describe, what they do, and what they think, cuz they have the girly thought, like a girl, you know how complicated girls are. So don't go off ,and on and off and on with him. Never go forward and back up and you won't recive your goal. Forget all the past, what he did to you, both bad and good things. Teenagers are developing their actions, so ignore them. The important thing is always be strong, if you can't do it, don't be sad, you have to move on.

But now, he was already lost the game, it's you who have to handle this thing, and don't forget it's you who can do it, if you cant, no one can.

I really wanna help you out, I have been in the same situation, but less stressed, cuz my guy are not really stubborn. Stubborness are stupid sometimes, so don't be it.

Good luck, hope you and him will be best pals again!!

How old are you guys?

3. kk31

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thanks for your advice! he's 16 and i'm 18 but it doesn't matter to me and i don't think it would matter to him! i'm going to tell him i'm bi tomorrow if I get the chance! i hope it works!

4. SpikySpice

Yay, I'm glad that you dicided to tell him
    That's what you need to do.
    Remember, don't be nervous, scared, overcome the fear, and blcok out all the distractions
    Good luck, have faith
    (You are 18, that's cool, I love 18s)

5. kk31

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It didn't work 2day, i missed my chance, i got 2 talk 2 him for 2 seconds and made him laugh! i told him bout pictures someone put up on bebo of him and he got all embarrassed! anyway i'll try again tomorrow!

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Yes, you need to choose a good time. Since you only saw them for a few seconds today that wasn't a good time. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

7. SpikySpice

Don't worry, just keep trying til u wear out. Only say things that make both of you feel comfortable, funny things are good, but don't cross the line
    Try eyes contact, or look at his lips while he's talking

8. finding_out

finding_out Guest

Oh, I think you should definately tell him. It sounds a lot like he's interested in you, and you need to keep trying to find sometime alone with him. If you tell him, all this guessing and wondering and awkward "Did he mean it like that?" Will all be over and you'll know for sure. And by the way you describe it, it sounds like it's going to work out in your favor. :grin:
    ~Jesse

Good luck!

9. kk31

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I suppose I'll post an update on what's happening! It's not going well at all! The other day I tried to call him over to me so I could talk to him but he made a face and gave me the finger! My friend told me I should ignore him for a day and see if he tries to talk to me! I did that yesterday and he did actually try to talk to me! So today I was walking up a corridor in school and he saw me and he goes to his friend "There he is" meaning me! I don't know what that was about! So anyway later on he was walking in front of me and I called his name! He wouldn't look back so I walked beside him and he had a massive grin on his face! I asked him why he was ignoring me and he said he was ignoring me because he doesn't think of me as his friend, he doesn't know why I keep talking to him, he doesn't care what I have to say and he doesn't know me that well! Truth is though, it was a stupid thing for him to say because he does know me quite well and if he doesn't care about me why would he say hi to me everytime I see him? Why would he keep asking if I was gay if he doesn't care?

After school I had no one to walk home with (cos my other friend went off with his girlfriend) and I saw him standing on his own waiting for his friends! I told him why I was on my own and he seemed in a better mood! I asked him if he wanted to walk with me but he said he couldn't cos he was getting a lift! But I know that if he hadn't have been getting a lift, he would have walked with me! I could tell he wanted to! I walked on and he said my name as I walked!

He confuses me so much, he's just so complicated! Any ideas what I can do?

I think i've lost my chances! If I hadn't been so scared of telling him a few months back, I think things would be a whole lot different!

10. SpikySpice

I'm glad that you also have a friend who sometimes give you useful advice.

I agree with you about this. Since a long time ago, he alsways asked if you were gay. The reason is 1:that now, he already lost his patience, with you, or 2: He wants to keep on testing you and see how you feel. And he really feels good everytime your reactions show him that you care about him.

Try to ask him , straight to his face that if you are gay, what he will do. He might say that he doesn't care, but try it. Then ask him if he is straight. Because it will make him feel more comfortable rather than you ask if he is gay.

Now, everything is clear that he does have feelings for you. If a guy who dosen't care about you, he won't try to make you feel bad. Because he doesn't even bother to think about you.

Did he really feel better wen he knew you walked home alone? Did he show it by smiling or whatever?Do you guess that now he has found another person (a guy) and he tries to forget about you. Because he always keeps his secret, you may not know what is really going on.

I walked on and he said my name as I walked!

So he said your name. Hhhmm, I don't know what to say, sure this guy is weird .

I have to agree taht this is the most complicated guy that I've ever known. He is unclear, he tries to keep his reaction back, and some he can't. Like wen he feels really good, his brain can't control his actions, just like me. The middle finger and bad things he sad about you are examples

But, you know, sometimes we try to work it out , but it doesn't work, even we ask advice from other people. Well, you are the only one who lives near him, so you know him better than anybody else.

The thing is, now it's time to make your brain work, I mean in love, first sight, we use our heart, then we have to use our head. Becasue you can let your heart control you and all your actions and feelings. If you think this is not really working out, then you might want to step back before everything gets deeper, and you will be hurt even more. You know what I mean?

But that dosen't mean you have to give up, you have to take more chances again to talk to him ,a nd force him to make everything clear, I know this guy is really retorted, and have a complex mind (he is still a teenager)

So what you need is time, courage, smart moves, prediction of wat will happen if you do it like this, or like that. You have to build your self up when you collapse and fall. You are only 18, and you still young, you still have more chances. So be strong, and be smart, don't let anything pull you down

I wish you luck, and hope that you will succeeded, tell me more , ok

11. kk31

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok here's an update on how things are going! It's not getting any better!

So basically the last few weeks i've been trying to talk to him! I've just talked to him as much as I can about random things and it's been going well! One day he even walked down a corridor with me with his hand on my shoulder while i was talking to him! He still won't let me walk home with him! And the days I almost had a chance, someone would come along and walk with us and ruin it! Last week I told him I needed to talk to him badly and if he'd give me a chance, i'd never bother him again! He said alright and that he'd talk to me next time he was on msn! He never came on msn!

So this week I'd talk to him any chance I'd get still! On friday I asked him could I walk home with him, he said no! He said no again later when he saw me and I hadn't even asked him (I wasn't going to either)!

Yesterday I was really upset about it all so I decided to ring him! It was really hard for me to do but I did it! It didn't go well though! I told him I needed to talk to him and that this was the reason I wanted to walk home with him or to come on msn all the time! I asked him could I meet him somewhere to talk and he said no! I asked could I talk on the phone then! All he said was no! Then he goes "NEVER" really loud and kind of scared! I said "never what?" and he said "NEVER tell me what you're going to tell me"! I asked why and he said "why should you?" acting really childish! Then he said he'd talk to me tomorrow which is today (Sunday) and I said "oh will you be on msn or something?" and he said "no chances are I won't be"! Then i asked could I talk to him in school and he said ok! I don't know what way to take the whole "never" thing!

So basically I need an idea or any sort of advice! I've got 4 days left of school that I might be able to talk to him! I don't know what to say though! Maybe he knows what I want to tell him but he could be scared or too young to deal with whats going on but that could be just wishful thinking on my part!

Please help me if you can and thanks for all your advice before!

12. Phantomblade

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you need to remember that he is in fact 2 years younger than you. he is probably gay, but it seems like he is still scared and confused about himself. I think he feels something for you, but he is afraid of it. i think that before you try and become more than friends with him you need to tell him that your gay ( or bi) and that you think he may be too. try and build a better friendship. by that i mean make him more comfortable talking to you. the best advice i can give you is be bold and dont go to fast as to scare him. i think he is very confused about himself.
    good luck and keep us posted

13. EthanS

EthanS Guest

14. kk31

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I talked to him today finally! I got a chance in school and I went up to him and asked him if he knew what I wanted to tell him! He said "What? That you're a fag?" and I didnt really know what to say to that and said "No not really, i like both" and he laughed! I asked why he wanted to know and he said "you always gave me the impression you were"! Then he said he felt dirty standing beside me but then said he was messing! I told him it was all the things he used to do to me that made me think he was! He just said "oh god" to that!

So later on I saw him and he saw me and laughed at me and walked by!

So I don't know what to do now! Part of me still believes I have a chance, I don't know why! I don't know whether he's hiding something or telling the truth! I don't know whether I should give up or keep trying after that! Any ideas what I should do?

Also later I was thinking back on what he used to do and I was wondering why did he start hitting me when everyone saw him being gay all the time? And then why did he continue to act gay when no one was looking? And why did he give out if I told people?

15. Phantomblade

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Now that you have told him i would give it a few days to let it sink in. aproach him in a day or two and ask him about his sexuality. tell him you think hes gay and if he is you would be happy to help him and give him support. It could build a strong relationship wich will probably grow into something more.

i also think the fact that he used the word "fag" backs the fact that he is gay. i have found that the only people who really would say "fag" to a gay persons face are either gay themselves or compleatly repulsive people. and he doesnt sound like the latter.
    but thats just what i have noticed about the word.

also it seems that you made him uncomforatble like he had to beat you the punch. i think this is another sign that he is unsure about his sexuality. the one thing i want to stress tho is think about his wellbeing (not that you arnt already). dont try and force him out of the closet before he is ready. he will hate you for that.

i know you really want a relashonship with him but if you go to fast youll lose any chance you ever had at it

good luck and keep posting

16. EthanS

EthanS Guest

I think that u shud ignore him for a few days or weeks, to c wat he does

17. SpikySpice

I think that can agree with Phantomblade, like lat month, I told you that you have to talk to him and tell him whatever that come to your mind when you are talking to him.

And like Phan said, this guy needs time to think about his oreintation. Well, he actually dosent know who he really is. But the fact that he makes fun of you when you are talking to him when he mentions 'fag' tells you taht he somewhat is a fag. He might not know, but he actually is

And sometimes if he knows who he is, he wont be happy with himself because he cant stand the fact about who he is. So like Phan said, you need to help him to find hid sexuality, and let him know the truth person of you so that both can feel comfortable

And here is another thing: you know a seed? It'll take time to grow, you cant plsnt it today and it can become a big oak tree over night. And you said that you still believe that you will have another chance, so that is a good sign, and you have to wait the right time. At first I thought that this guy is just retorted, but now he shows that he is unsure what is going on

PS: But it is complex, sometimes gay guys act the way that you never expect them to, and he is only 16

18. kk31

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well everythings gone downhill now! He came on msn today, and stayed on for ages and we had a long talk! He kept randomly sayin "fag" after sentences and then after he'd say he's joking! Then i asked him if he would tell anyone and he said no but he said everyone kinda guessed that i was a "fag" as he continues to call me! He asked me who else knew I was a "fag" and i told him only 3 other people! I said i've only told people i can trust! I asked him why he acted gay towards me all the time if he knew I was bi and he said "to try and make you confess that your a "fag""! I said it didn't work back then and it only made me think he was gay and i told him i think he is even now! i said "u dont call someone a fag 2 der face unless ur insecure or a complete prick and i dont think ur a prick"! He said he doesn't remember actually saying it to my face and I told him he did and that he laughed at me too! He said "ah well"! He said "its jus awkward bein around a homo"! I asked him if he even liked me as a friend, he said he doesn't know me! I said he used to and he said ye he did back then! Then he went!

So I don't know what to think now! I'm really confused still! What i want to know is why would he try so hard to make me tell him im bi! No one else did that ever!

19. SpikySpice

One thing I'm sure is that he wants to make sure that you are Bi, so he can feel easy to come out, at least to you.

Yeah, you're right, remember that last month you told us taht he always laid on you and did gay things to you when he was the one who started everything first. He said to prove that you are gayy is just only half right. Like any other gay guy, he one to be sure that you are gay, so taht he can come to you or to feel easier.
    And he said taht it feels wierd when standing next to a fag, he meant it feels nervous when standing next to you. And he is the one who always acts weird , not you who makes him act like that.

Hhhhmmm, this is not the first time he said he dosent know you, he said it many time now, and he still talks to you. I think you make him feel a little bit not comfortable, not your fault, it's just that that's the way he feels when you mention about friendship. He dosen't know that actually you like him or not, but he thinks that he could try to see if you have any feeling for him. And I think he has some emotion for you, because after he said that he went away right away, like he feels that you make him feel sad or something. Not that he dosnt like you any more

Actually , this guy still likes you, but he forced himself to do things that make you think he does. If he dosent like a "fag", he won't laugh with you like you said pm day May 28th. Well, he "laughed" at you is not mocking you, but he felt victorious. And if he doent like you anymore, he wont talk to you but will shoo you to go away.

And here is the thing: you are always the one who talk or make a move first, so he wont worry taht he will lose you or have to work any muscle, because you just come after him and start the conversation, so how about ignoring him for a while, to see what his reaction is,like EthanS said. If he

Well, if you still likes him, you rather keep trying to see what happen than step back. But it's you who knows better than us that is this thing gonna be possile or not. If you feel taht you are about to hit the wall, you need to turn the other way, before ieverything goes worse, like you will like him more and more, your feeling for him is deeper, then at that point it wont be easy to forget him

Tell me if you already feel pathetic.

Biut good luck, I hope you will do everything ok, now, We alredy tried everthing, but I think we need to do things as slow as possible, like Phan said, dont push the button, or it'll explode!

Good luck, keep telling us what happen^^

20. SadConfusedBandGeek

Wow i cant offer any advice just commenting that He is SOOOO CONFUSING!!!!! Lol!! It must be hard for you being around someone like that! lol its really amazing that someone can be like that! but oh well!
    Good luck!