1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by easybreezy, Jul 21, 2014.

1. easybreezy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm 15 years old and I know for sure I'm a lesbian. I knew for about a year know. Anyway I want to come out and tell my "bestfriends" that I'm a lesbian but I'm soooo scared. 2 out of 3 of them are homophobic and I don't want to lose my friends because of my sexual orientation. Last week I asked them if I turned gay would they still be my friends and 2 of them said yeah from a distance. I don't know if I should come out or not now. Like I want to come out of the closet so I can finally find a girlfriend but I don't want to lose my friends. What should I do?

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    you could maybe try the one that is not homophobic

3. Candace

I can elaborate on what Peacemaker stated. I think that you should obviously talk to the one who is not homophobic. You won't have any apparent conflicts, as to my understanding of this, and that person can help you, be your ally so to speak, in order to come out to the others, granted that you still want to do that. If you don't want to and feel that coming out will not be a good idea, then that's your right to do so. :slight_smile:

4. mangotree

Are there any reasons that you want to come out other than enabling you to find a girlfriend?
    How would coming out to your friends help you to find a girlfriend specifically?

5. easybreezy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If I come out as a lesbian I wouldn't have to hide it. Therefore I can get a girlfriend.

6. JustJJx

When i came out to my best friends, i told the ones who i had known the longest, maybe try that?
    It might be a different situation because i was a good few years older when i told them...young people can be un-informed and can jump to conclusions which aren't there!
    I wish you the best of luck, keep us updated and you have a big community here to support you!