1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Personality Change

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Swamp56, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

:astonished:

So, I have been wanting to try and change my personality so that I am more laid back and I move slower lol . I work incredibly fast paced, walk fast-paced, code fast-paced, etc, and I want to slow down, because it stresses me out a lot and makes me tense.

I also want to become less serious, and start joking more and more, and hopefully start trying to act out who I am inside...

My question is, how do I do this? :S
    Also, there's a co-worker who knows about my sexuality and bf (she's really nice and trusting), and she said that when I started working there, everyone knew I was either bi/gay right away....not sure how...I don't act like a stereotypical gay person :confused: .

2. EthanS

EthanS Guest

You mean how to be more laid back?

3. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Ya, basically :slight_smile:

4. EthanS

EthanS Guest

You need to relax more.. thats all i can think of lol >_<

5. EthanS

EthanS Guest

I get what you mean tho by when you walk fast thats what i do and when i realise i just relaxe and walk slower, if that makes any sense.

6. -Michael-

[YOUTUBE]MkpLR4WzIBc[/YOUTUBE]

7. EthanS

EthanS Guest

LMAO !! it kinda does work tho lol

8. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Well not how hes doin it lol

9. -Michael-

You dance like that...and you try not to smile afterwards :')

10. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Have you tried it?? lol

11. -Michael-

Everyday :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. EthanS

EthanS Guest

haha lol

13. silentsound

You could try taking up yoga or just reminding yourself to breathe more. Just try to relax and take a more relaxed outlook on your life, and you tend to chill out a little bit.

14. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Try to slow down a bit. Try to see things not only from a serious side so to speak. Of course there are things you need to get done, but maybe try to concentrate only one thing at a time. Try to take breaks in between the things you need to do. One good way to slow down and to take breaks is by joining a sports club. Maybe you could look into something like this. Walking/jogging are excellent ways of relieving some of the stress.

Sometimes, we come over as being serious, and not being able to lighten up things because we think too much about what other people, including friends, might think about us. Maybe that's what's happening. Try to be yourself as much as possible.

Hope this helps!

15. kramer362

Have you ever seen the Big Lebowski? Act just like The Dude. :lol: Realize that most problems have simple solutions and don't get worked up over it. As for me, when I'm at work I like to take my time so that things take longer and I don't have periods where I have nothing to do, because I end up getting bored.