1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Progress!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Tetra, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Tetra

So around 7:00 tonight, I messaged a close friend of mine explaining that I think I like girls. I left my phone in my car until around 11:00, which gave me enough time to panic, panic some more, cool down, then panic again.

I just read her messages a little while ago, and they went kind of like this:

her: that's okay, your secret it safe with me
    her: I'll never judge you
    her: coming out to yourself is the first step to coming to terms with everything
    her: Did you want to meet up?

*four hours later*

me: I still feel like none of this is real
    me: I really appreciate that

her: It takes a lot of courage to tell someone that, and I want you to know that I'm always here to talk about it if you need to.

That's two down. I was literally shaking while I read her responses, and my palms are still sweating. Like I said, none of this feels real.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! First off, congratulations on coming out to your friend. Well done! :slight_smile:

Sometimes, it can take a bit of time for everything to sink in, and for you to feel okay with another friend knowing. As you continue coming out, and receive increasing support, and know that you can trust your friends, some of the feelings you are experiencing at the moment, will disappear all together.

3. Tetra

Thanks! It's slowly becoming easier and easier. It's just incredibly hard to get those words out. It's like my entire body is doing everything in it's power to stop me from revealing the truth.

4. Yeety

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nice, also good job. It will get easier from this point. Just think of coming out as a long winding road filled with unexpected twists and turns.

5. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well done, Tetra :thumbsup:
    Yeah, it's kinda nerve wrecking when waiting for reply.