1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally admitted the truth to myself

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kirsten, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Kirsten

Kirsten Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm not sure if this is the right category for this post but here goes.

I'm am 26 and have recently come to accept that I am bisexual. If I had been honest with myself, and didn't run from my feelings years ago I could have come to this conclusion a long time ago. But I didn't. I have always found myself looking at women (as well as men), and when I was 18 I remember having some really strong feelings for a friend of mine, a girl friend. I remember being really worked up About this and found myself questioning my sexuality. I knew I couldn't work it out on my own and wound up talking to my brother about it, which was great, he didn't judge me and let me work through my feelings. Anyway, I wound up moving away. That's about when I started running from myself, and stopped spending time working on my sexuality. Since I am also attracted to men it was 'easy enough' to just keep going and avoiding it.

Fast forward to now and I'm 26, and I find myself unable to hide from my feelings any longer. I am currently in a relationship with a man, we have been together 3.5 years, but I feel like I need to explore my sexuality and that can't happen if I'm with him. I have decided to break up with him, partially because of my own issues with my sexuality and my desire to explore that side of my self, but more so because of some deeper issues in our relationship.

I guess I'm writing this because I haven't spoken to anyone about this, and I just needed to get it off my chest, and I guess I was hoping for some words of encouragement or general advice.

2. Hey, welcome to EC, you've certainly come to the right place to talk and take a load off :slight_smile:

No sense in dwelling too much on "if I'd have done this or realized that then I'd have dealt with this before now" stuff. You're doing it now because you're more ready now, I'd bet. And learning about ourselves and growing into that has to come in its own time.

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well you seem to be able to be more in touch with yourself and what really makes you happy,
    and act on it, in a responsible way. Thats a great progress, much luck to you. :slight_smile: