1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coming out is like a tidal wave now.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by whereamigoing, Jul 22, 2014.

1. whereamigoing

So i first came out to my best friend _______ who is bisexual herself. i was so scared i had an asthma attack and had to use my emergency inhaler. it was hard but she accepted me for me. today i decided to come out to the two guys I've been friends with since i was two years old (they're brothers) i was nervous but i just let the words flow and they said okay, we accept you for you dude if you play for the same team that's all good. now I'm considering coming out to my extremely accepting grandma and to my other best friend who also happens to be the guy i like. then i want to come out to my mom and continue onward with it. but i don't want to come out publicly because i live in the deep south and people there suck. All because my mom wanted to move from Massachusetts to get away from my dad who I'm with for the summer. But once i get back ill be there so yeah. No coming out till I'm out of there at least not publicly. I don't know why but its becoming easier to do and i just need to know if i should slow down at all?

2. Clay

Why slow down? If you feel ready to come out, go for it. There's no rules on whats too fast and what's too slow, only you know what's best for you.

3. BiPenguin

Slice by slice as you feel comfortable. It's looking good for you. :slight_smile:

4. Sabot Kitty

It seems like you have great people in your life to come out to, so I'm happy for you in any case. =)

5. Yeety

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He makes a GREAT point.

6. whereamigoing

Thank you people ho have posted so far

7. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd say go at a slow pace so that you can prepare yourself for each person and make it more personalized.

8. Jguy365

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my opinion, coming out feels good. Now, I have only told 3 people, but what a relief that was! I had been hiding it for so long...the pressure was getting so intense.

You have been doing fine so far. If you are totally sure of your sexual orientation, why wait to express it? Start with people whom you can easily tell. People who you really trust and know won't judge you. Once you've done that, you should be used to the feeling of coming out and should be able to tell people such as family members.

I, myself am still questioning my sexuality, so I am not ready to tell my family.