1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by indigoHamsters, Jul 25, 2014.

1. indigoHamsters

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Next week during therapy, my therapist is going to help me come out to my parents as transgender. However I tried coming out once before and my mom said "I think you're just genderfluid." And refused to recognize me as her son. So I came out as bigender thinking it would be better than nothing. But I was wrong. It didn't feel right and I still had to pretend to be female. So how do I tell everyone that I lied to them and get them to believe me when I come out and not be like "well you pretended once what's stopping you from lying about this too?"

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    try and tell them your sure of it this time, but wow your mom knew what being genderfluid meant, cool but just try and explain your feelings to your parents

3. butHitlerisDead

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You don't have to say you lied. You can just say "I think I've realized I'm actually transgender, not bigender."

4. RainbowMan

Don't think of it as lying - think of it more as you weren't completely sure who you were back then - now you are 100% sure of who you are and you're ready for your mom to know that.

The fact that she thought that you might be genderfluid is encouraging - it means (to me) that she realizes that biological sex and gender identity can be orthogonal constructs - so it seems that she'd be more willing than a lot of parents to accept you as her son.

(*hug*)