1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AJ2014, Jul 25, 2014.

1. AJ2014

i want to tell my friends but through moving and being in the sea cadets i have been all over the country and met many great people who im still in contact with so i want to come out publicly over facebook, as i dont see some of my mates often, not a post but like a picture to get it out there should i?

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's up to you, so if you want to, do it.
    I'd probably tell my family and close friends in person, phone, or letter first, then upload the picture so all your aquantainces get the hint.

3. BlueCover905

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I prefer to tell people one on one compared to open shows? Simply because if you tell a lot of people at once you can cause arguments between people and get a large amount of drama thrown at you at once. But if you are most comfortable doing that, please do it. All the things I said were just maybes.

4. AJ2014

Thanks, i am going to do it just have to get the courage to.

5. Pax

Pax

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I found it quite liberating to just change my 'Interested in' field to 'women'. Then it's there for everyone to see but you don't have to shout about it.

If you 'Like' LGBT-related things on Facebook these will show up on your page and may also appear in people's news feeds, so this can be a good way of subtly getting the message across too.

If you want to post something more obvious like a picture etc then by all means, go for it...one thing that I would just point out is that people might just assume that you are joking or that one of your friends has 'fraped' you (eurgh, hate that word...).

Probably about 99% of the times that someone appears to be making a big deal of being gay on social media it's because someone is playing a practical joke on them.

Whatever you decide to do...good luck. :slight_smile:

6. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

She's right if your serious about doing it you could take a picture Of yourself holding a piece of paper that says "I'm gay.So what?!" :slight_smile: you have no idea how badly I want to do that /.\