1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My big huge coming out plan...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gaynerd64, Jul 26, 2014.

1. gaynerd64

This is my plan for coming out that I made since I can't sleep:
    Step 1: I text my father that I have something VERY IMPORTANT to tell him in the morning.
    Step 2: The next morning is Sunday, so my siblings and grandparents will be at church. I wait until they leave and then I remind my father of the message I sent him.
    Step 3: I warn my father that I am trusting him not to tell anybody else what I tell him
    Step 4: I give a prewritten speech (I am in the process of writing it) stating I am Bi
    Step 5: I answer questions

I was also considering making a multimedia presentation on this...

Thoughts on my plan?

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds good i think. Try not to sugar coat your "speech" too much, but you should be fine.

Also, are you Gay or Bi? If you are gay, like your profile says, it's better to just come out as Gay i think.

Good luck bro, rooting for ya :thumbsup:

3. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    seems good, are you really going to make a presentation on it

4. person57

That sounds great!! Good luck on coming out!! You can do it (*hug*)

5. esc1010

Pretty simple but awesome plan. Can you give us a snippet of the speech if you want to.

6. arkangel

I wish you the best of luck... If you are Bi or gay will make a difference. Im gay, but when I told my parents, I said I was bi and they cling to the hope that I will be with a woman no matter what. IT was a mistake on my part, and it basically means I will have to "come out" again to them at some point.
    I would first try and find out what your Dad thinks of homosexuality. Maybe something like "This new girl transferred to our school today and shes lesbian" or something like that. If He is approving, it may be best to get support systems in place to stay positive. My parents didn't take the news well, and if I hadn't had a few friends to back me up, I would have committed suicide... Stay safe, don't make the mistake I did. I wish you the best of luck. Everything will be OK no matter how things happen. You will still be alive and breathing, and that's the best thing in the world!

7. idream

idream Guest

I'd also like to hear the speech! Also, I must say, I like the whole multimedia presentation thing. That's actually not a bad idea...add some links to sites for parents with lgbtq youth...

8. bearseverywhere

Out Status:
    A few people
    You have really thought this through! Fantastic! I hope everything goes well~