1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm out to family&close friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by C06122014, Jul 27, 2014.

1. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Ok so I'm out I my family and close friends but what do I say if someone at school asks me if I'm gay do I say "yes" do I say "no"? I guess I don't want to go back into the closet, the deep closet but I'm KIND OF scared to see how others will react?

2. That one guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends on the type of school, personally I'm not coming out till I finish GCSE's because by then we won't be doing PE (I'm not sure how they will react knowing there's a gay in the room while their getting changed).
    I think it depends, is your school catholic? Are the people there nice?
    If your really unsure best to err on the side of caution and wait till your in a new surrounding like college or uni to come out to friends.

3. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Maybe your right I will come to my closest friends thxy

My school is big with about 3000 students and no it's not a catholic school but I only know one person who is out to the whole school.

4. That one guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That makes it easier, ask him what it was like and how he was treated and from his response you should be able to tell if you want to come out.

5. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Well the guy who's out I don't even know his name but everyone knows he's out there is this guy who calls me a coward because he said he KNOWS I'm gay and I'm hiding it but that was when we were in school but he was right and that was like the worst week ever for me but the guy I don't even know his name! All I know is he's out and is a sophomore like me.

6. That one guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No clue what a sophomore is but I'm guessing it's GCSE, anyway if he acts like that then don't ask him, he don't sound like the type of person who will keep it quiet.

7. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Yea he's very rude and seems like a stereotypical gay which really pisses me off, he's really rude and he's a bully ummm if that ass hole messes with me he's gonna wish he hadn't because I'm nice up until the point you mess with me. I guess I'm kind of just scared that I'll get more negative responses than positive ones /.\

8. That one guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heh, I have someone like that in my school too, he isn't out (to my knowledge) but if he acted any more gay he'd have to come into school dressed as one of the village people.
    But yeah I think that it's just a matter of if you feel the people in your school will react well or if they will be hostile/insulting.

9. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You have to decide if you are more comfortable being out and not having to hide yourself, instead of just being out to some people and in to others, and hoping the secret holds. Where is your comfort zone?