1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by biisme, Sep 3, 2008.

1. biisme

I've been feeling really depressed and I don't know why.

I posted a little while ago in Anonymous...but...I don't know.

God fuck it. But, what can I do about it, without letting anyone know? I have a real trust issue with people, and I can't just open up to them. It takes me years to talk.

I just don't know what to do.

I feel so lost.

I know what I would tell others to do...to take a leap of faith, and tell someone. I'd tell someone that they can't do it on their own, and they won't be seen as weak to ask for help. But, I can't bear to take my own advice. I'm too scared.

2. Mind Freak

I know the feeling unfortunately.
    How about writing down how you feel and go back later and see if you can change something to make yourself feel better.

3. Amy

Amy

(*hug*)

i know what you mean

it'll all get better eventually

(*hug*)

4. Nova713

Nova713 Guest

I hear ya there. I've been having bouts of unexplained depression too. I think I just need to find a boyfriend lol. Don't worry, it always gets better.

5. epiphanies

maybe you should follow your advice. perhaps talk to a counselor if anything? i talk to my college's counselor every now and then, and it really helps. actually, it's about time for me to make another visit myself.

hope you feel better soon!

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi biisme! Sorry to hear that you feel this way. If you feel depressed, please talk to a counselor. I can only encourage you to do so. Talking to a counselor will give you that security that what ever you tell him or her will stay between you and him/her. You can trust this person. Yes, it might be hard to talk about what causes you to feel depressed but please give it a try. The sooner you can talk about it the sooner you can start to address the issues/problems that cause you to feel depressed. Talking with a counselor about it might also allow you to discover things that you didn't know about but that might contribute to the feelings that you are experiencing. Please try seeing a counselor at your school or outside of school.

7. Sam

Sam

Oh I know plenty about depression. It's still a day to day struggle with me. It does get better though. All I can say is you can either talk to someone about how you are feeling so you can maybe come up with what triggered it to start (yes I know its a chemical thing) but you can start to feel better if you talk about how you are feeling OR you can write your feelings down and get them out even if you can't think about what to write you can still get a notebook and pen and just start writing nonsense stuff until you are actually writing what makes sense. Don't think of what to write just start writing.

Depression is terrible but I'm the type of person who believes that most of the time medicine isn't needed, just a will to deal with it and be strong and start thinking enough is enough I can do this (I make it sound easy and it's not) It takes a lot of strength but I'm sure you have it in you. I am doing a lot better than I was a couple of years ago I know you can start to feel better I think you need to find someone you can trust to talk to and believe me you might not think you can trust anybody but you can, someone in your life can help you with this.

PM me if you need me I'm always here for you.

Sam

EDIT: Wow I just reread this and it makes no sense maybe you can make some sense out of it! I'm tired. I think I repeated myself a lot. Bottom line: talk to someone or write, hopefully you do both. If I can help don't hesitate to contact me.

#7 Sam, Sep 3, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  8. Jim1454

You've heard us all say it over and over, but I know it's hard to do. Talk to someone.

In the mean time, get some exercise - even if you don't want to. Do some writing or play an instrument - even if you don't want to. In my recovery work, it's often the things we don't want to do that we really need to do.

And smile. Even if you don't want to.

9. biisme

Thanks everyone.

I'm hoping that at some point I will be able to shove myself off the deep end and ask someone (who's not just on the internet) for help.

And, Jim, I will try to smile.