1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else like this?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Brendon, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Brendon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I came out to everyone a while ago, but it was during the summer, so most of the people I know didn't know. Now that school has started a few people have heard from friends that I am bi, which is fine by me. What is strange is that when they ask me if it is true, my first instinct is to deny it. I get over the feeling fairly quickly, and tell them yes, but it still makes me wonder, does anyone else who is open ever get this urge to deny when asked?

2. Amy

Amy

o, yeah.

i think its just because, before, you would have denied it, so you're just used to it

3. gutsrie

i denied it a lot too probably because i was still uncomfortable with myself and was afraid how others would react. it gets easier. now whenever someone asks, i'm like "hell yea i'm gay." good luck.

4. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was younger I did but not anymore. My best advice to you is to tell them yes straight out so then you don't have to go back and correct yourself. :slight_smile:

5. Helen

Helen Guest

Oh yeah, that's perfectly normal. I always denied it automatically because I didn't know exactly what they were asking me to be truthful about. See, when I first came out as bi, a load of rumours sprouted about me fancying this girl who I'm good friends with (of course now I can't talk to ANYONE without other people thinking I like them >.<), so I always used to just go 'NO, it's not true, just a rumour'. But if they ask me outright 'are you bi?' I'll always tell le truth :slight_smile:

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It totally makes sense. You were previously closeted, so you would've denied up until this summer. You just still have the "reflex" in place. I still occasionally feel my "shield" going up when someone asks me if I'm gay, especially if it's in an accusatory sort of manner. But after a second or two, my conscious brain pulls it back down again. :slight_smile:

Lex