1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I scared for no reason?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ardard, Jul 28, 2014.

1. ardard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I want to come out to one of my best friends but i am hesitant, I am hesitant because every time i talk to him i hear him use the word gay when he means lame and this really annoys me and to him everything bad is gay.

Is this just all in my head or am i right for being hesitant?:confused:

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I think it is quite understandable that you feel hesitant in coming out to him. Do you feel that he could change his use of the word once he knows that he has a friend who is gay? Do you know by chance what his views of LGBT are in general?

3. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why don't you have a talk with him and ask him why he uses "gay" to describe things he considers "lame" instead of some other word. Maybe what he says will give you some insight into whether he is truly homophobic or just ignorant about what he is saying and using "gay" because it is "in" to some not too brilliant kids right now to repeat.

It might lead you to tell him that you are gay and that it hurts your feelings when he says things like that, but at least it can result in him understanding that you don't like it when he does that.

4. ardard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ive been thinking about talking to him and I am going to but i also might just tell him I'm gay the next time he calls something i do or something i have or even a f*cking color gay.