1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling really great tonight! :3

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jerserer, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Jerserer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey, everyone. I've been a lurker here for a long time and finally decided to make an account today because I just came out for the first time. I told my cousin. I typed it out into our FB chat and sat there for 15 minutes trembling before finally pressing enter.

He took it amazingly and then we continued chatting like we always have. He says nothing has changed and that he doesn't mind at all. It's really been a massive confidence boost and I think it's going to be much easier to tell my parents now!

I've known that I'm gay for about 7 years now, but only accepted it about a year and a half ago. I never thought the day would come that I'd be confident enough to come out.

Well, that's all. At the moment he's the only person who knows and I just HAD to tell someone! (!)

2. SaleGayGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Jerserer

Welcome to EC and congratulations on your first coming out.

Sale Gay Guy

3. Tinykc

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey! Congratulations!! I'm super happy for you! It's great that you've found someone supportive, it's always important! Welcome to EC and good luck!

4. Archie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Dear Jerserer, I so know how you're feeling right now!

Congratulations, I'm super happy for you! And I'm proud too, I know it's hard for the first time and know how good it feels when the first person you say it to takes is so amazingly well. But most importantly I know how huge a step it is to update the 'out status' on EC from 'not out at all' to '1!' :slight_smile:

It's just one person, but you're so proud of having actually told someone, right? :slight_smile:

Congratulations man, it will only get better! Let us know how it goes with the rents!

5. LiquidSwords

6. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That's fantastic! And I know - such a great feeling!!

7. Jerserer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks, everyone!

I was always so scared that I'd come out to someone and wake up the next morning with regret, but this morning I woke up and all I felt was relief. No awkward feelings at all.

It's been a really lonely 7 years keeping silent about this and having even just one person to talk to about it feels so amazing.

For the first time in my life today, I was able to tell someone how much I love Chris Pratt. It's such a small thing, but feels so incredible to be able to say it out loud! :'D

8. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Jerserer,
    welcome to ec :wave:
    - it's great to hear that...:slight_smile: we have to remember that more and more straight folks are becoming accepting, times do seem to be changing. My eldest daughter is a very good example of that; totally straight, but also totally accepting of lgbt folk.

9. Mr D Gamer

Congratulations jerserer! You've made the first big step in coming out and this could be the tip of the iceberg for you. I think that the first is always the hardest to tell, I did it the same way you did but I sent it by accident! Lol! After this it will get easier and easier to tell friends you trust about your sexuality, some may even ask you more and be interested more than others, I think you will be coming out to more people in the future and will love yourself for doing it :slight_smile: