1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should I automatically trust my gay friends?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by freeapril, Jul 31, 2014.

1. freeapril

Hi everyone!
    I am still in the questioning phase, not sure what my orientation is. I have lots of gay friends. I am not super close to them, but we are good friends. I have thought it would be nice to talk to one of them about this, but we are not super close friends so it is not like I would normally trust them with something so private. However, since they are gay, should I just assume I can trust them with this? I really do not want to be outed at all, since I am not sure what I am yet! What do you guys think? Should I automatically trust my gay friends not to out me because they are gay?
    I know ultimately trusting someone or not is my decision, I am just wondering what you guys think! Thanks!

2. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Automatically, no. Better to trust your closest friend first.

3. RobinHood

RobinHood Guest

Not every gay person is a good person. My answer is no. I think you should first try to know them better. Good luck! :slight_smile:

4. freeapril

Thanks guys! :slight_smile: That was my first instinct, but then I wondered if I was being paranoid or something....Yeah, I will talk to my close friend first. I am seeing her in six weeks! Hopefully I will feel ready by then!