1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girls... they make my life complicated

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RonApple, Sep 4, 2008.

1. RonApple

RonApple Guest

Oh well, started university this year... and well each year there is always that girl who likes you, and is too blind to notice that you are well.. not interested in girls, so to speak

I've been like, avoiding her "liking-me" conversation for as long as possible, but tonight i got the "Ron, we need to talk" ,,, sigh.... i guess it cant be avoided forever..

If she does bring up the conversation im thinking she will, then this will b my first time saying to someone that I am gay... I just dont want her to hate me though.. so well, im not 100% sure of what im gna tell her... maby lie, maby truth.. who knows!

Soz, this is not such a problem compared to others, but im venting for my sake. :slight_smile:

2. Noah

Hey, sometimes it can be a great conversation.....

3. sexyalex

Firstly, Welcome to our EC Family.
    simple. tell her there is someone else. can u guys be friends?

4. RonApple

RonApple Guest

LoL, i wish it were that simple, she knows im not with anyone else. Else i woulda gone for that option too :slight_smile:

5. sexyalex

o.0 hummm does she know u may probebly date someone else whise she was talking to you? ok well how about telling her you have come to like her as a friend and being with her will spoil a very good friendship?:shrug: worth a try

6. RonApple

RonApple Guest

Well... shez like gossip central, so she knows whoz with who, and whoz doing what and when etc.. and well im stuck in her class for 3 years...

so i think ill either tell her that ill just b her friend, and know that she will try again.. which i dont want , else option 2 is to just tell her that im gay ... probably and unfortunately the better option.

And well... i also dont wna tell her because she is one of those people who you tell a secret to , and she has to tell someone else, no matter how big the secret. Sigh.. i feel like im in the middle of the ocean. :confused:

7. Bleh girls, my natural enemy.
    Up until now no girl has been interested in me, but they choose to start now that I'm openly gay. My first encounter was the same day I met my ex boyfriend.
    She was trying to be subtle and everything but after when we started talking about if there was anyone we wanted to hook up with I got bored and just told her "well there's not much choice for me here, i'm gay" apparently you're not supposed to say that because everyone told me off lol. =S
    You don't have to tell her that you're gay unless you want to, you can just say that you're not interested in her that way. SO then you're not lying either.

8. sexyalex

well its worth a try, even if she is gonna try again. Just remember, be assertive ^^ works all the time.

btw, Enigmatic, it happens everywhere. Idk i think when homosexuals become more comfortable with themselves they start to glow xDD(just my theory) and girls get attracted to them. Your are not the only one i heard with that.
    Especially if your a hot and charismatic kind of guy.

#8 sexyalex, Sep 4, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  9. J Schuelke

A lie is a lie, but the truth is always better. If you lie to her you might get her hopes up for having a relationship, and if she finds out afterward that your gay, then she might feel betrayed and led on.

It will be hard to tell her, but she has to know in order to move on. just being honest with her should get you the respect you deserve, and if she doesn't accept it.

As far as her telling other people, well I think that people are bound to know sooner or later, and being open with people shows good character.

10. Mestiz0

Oh my gosh!!! I had a situation JUST LIKE THIS during my first year in college (last year):grin:

In order to eat, I would give my ID card to this girl to swipe in the machine for every meal I ate there. And just being the friendly person that I am, I always say Good Afternoon and "Have a Good Day!" and all of the little small talk things that sometimes just really make a person's day!

And one day, as I was leaving the Dining Commons, she pulls me aside and asks if I am seeing anyone. I tell her no, since I wasn't seeing anyone. And then she asks "Would you like to go out sometime? Maybe eat dinner?"

I felt soo bad since she didn't know that I was gay. I just held her hand and told her "Sorry, but...I'm actually gay." And then I proceeded to tell her how good she looked and how if I were straight, I would have said yes. And now everything is cool.

Haha. SO I guess the point of my story is that, "The Girl" in any of these situations will find out sooner or later. I mean, if she likes you, she will probably try to keep a close watch on you :slight_smile: So just let her down easy and tell her man!