1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by arkangel, Jul 31, 2014.

1. arkangel

Just curious. How many people did you tell before you stopped caring? I know im near 20, most of which are friends online only, but im already losing track. Ive told my parents, but that didnt blow over well and i feel as though they suppressed it and have all but forgotten, which means I will have to tell them.... Again... In order to come out publically...

2. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I told my parents--and then I just started living. Honestly, I only ever had two "sit down, there's something I need to tell you" conversations, then I just went about living completely uncensored. Everyone found out, everyone dealt with it--and finally I could breathe. It's been over twenty years...

3. LiquidSwords

I'm not quite there yet, but I'm close. I think once I've told my parents and just a couple more close friends then it really won't bother me much who else knows. I'm quite excited to be at that point tbh!

That would be my close family of 5 plus about 6/7 of my best friends plus 6/7 people from my rugby club. About 20 I guess!

4. HTBO

Once I told my ex-husband, kids and parents, I stopped caring. I tell people casually or will just say something in conversation. I had met with a couple of friends from school last week, one knew and one didn't. When we met I suggested a place in the gay area and we went there and I said things that made it clear I was gay. I was kind of secretly looking to see what his reaction was and he seemed a little surprised at first but then it was like I had always been gay. I'm tired of telling person by person. There are too many of them!

5. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In a month I've told about 14, now it's becoming easier and funner :grin: