1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mama rants.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by OneHatMadder, Sep 4, 2008.

1. OneHatMadder

Okay! I had no idea where to throw this little rant of mine so this will have to do.

Many straight people feel that their sex life is private and they don't have to tell anybody about it. Fair enough! That is very true. But when it comes to a gay person (Such as yours truely) it doesn't matter. Gay people are OBLIGED to share their sexual experiances because it's so "Different from the norm."

Why does being gay mean "ASK ME PERSONAL QUESTIONS!"?

I get people saying to me "So what is bum sex like? Do you give blowjobs? Are you a top or a bottom?" whereas if I asked questions of a similar nature I'd be politely (Or not so politely) asked to keep my large nose out of their very private straight people business.

Is this just me?

Are homosexuals allowed no privacy?

Because straight sex is OBVIOUSLY more tender, private and important than gay sex right?

GAH!

Feelings? Am I being melodramatic?

-Mama-
    XoXo

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    No you are not being melodramatic. That is just plain RUDE!!! You and nobody else in this forum is obligated to share such personal information with people unless you want to! Tell them its none of their damn business. :grin:

3. smartguy

its just because gayness isnt mainstream. if something is different, people will wonder.

im not justifying their actions, but its understandable

4. Derek the Wolf

People for some reason don't mind prying into the private lives of gay people. I don't think they're intentionally trying to do it. They're just curious. They don't meet a lot of gay people, so they're interested.
    Try to think of it as flattery.

5. Beth

the guys at work are terribly interested in my sex life
    after tips or wot i dont know lol
    i spose its also because everyone its 100% aware of how straight sex works...

i find it easy to jst tell them to keep their nose out (so they ask the other lesbian who is more than happy to tell them her secrets) so u can tell ppl they shudnt ask u that,depends on ur relationship with the other person.i wudnt be amused by a randomer askin me wot i do in bed,but cuz theyre mates its a giggle & then just laugh off their questions & tell them to walk on really.theyre harmless.

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I don't understand why they seem to think its so different than what everybody else does. Everybody enjoys different things, straight or gay. No big deal. Gosh, I have a brother and sister-in-law who have anal probably just as much as any gay male couple. How do I know this? Those sisterly sex talks on our Christmas shopping trips. lol I learned more about my family than I ever wanted to know. lol

7. Jim1454

I have yet to be asked those kinds of questions. But I 'hang' with an older crowd. It might just be a issue of maturity.

8. Corny

Corny Guest

I totally hear you. But just turn it back at them. If they ask you who is the top and who is the bottom, ask him how he prefers to fuck his wife, and if she ever tried anal play with him, and if he enjoyed it. If that still doesn't shut them up, ask if his wife sometimes likes to dominate him, since she it strikes you as if would be a good top. (of course you can change wife to husband, boyfriend, girlfriend or whatever :wink: )

9. Gumtree

OMG This is probably the thing that pisses me off more then anything about coming out (excluding the homophobia of course).

People can't seem to take your word for it can they.

You say you're gay so suddenly they are thinking OMG He has sex with boys!

Tell me who?!

Is it someone i know?!

Who else is gay?

Have you had sex with xxx?

*twitches*