1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So cliche, but I'm in love with my best friend...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TimelordHunter, Aug 1, 2014.

1. TimelordHunter

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So, my bestfriend is a girl, like me and I have the biggest crush on her. I've felt this was for about 2 years as well. I'm 15, and she's also 15 (6 months older than me, we'll call her her M) and we flirt a lot and school she says "she's married to me" and constantly hugs me and stuff. It's been going on for a while and she always says "(Me) we're married". My friends all think I'm aromantic or I'm into girls primarily because I told them I don't have a crush on anyone. Also, she had "asked me out" at like 4 am through a group chat. Only one of my friends (S) know that I do like girls rather than guys but she doesn't know I like M. I do have pretty bad social anxiety and I don't know what to do. Should I tell S that I have a crush on M? S and M are somewhat friends and we're all part of the same friend group. I don't know if she's straight or not so I'm really conflicted on how I should proceed. Thanks :slight_smile:
    (Ignore my username, I didn't want to use my username so I choose this)

#1 TimelordHunter, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  2. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Well, I'm not sure if you have to tell S, but if I where you I would tell M that you like her. Also how can I ignore your username? Doctor who is one of my favorite shows.

3. sarahpenny02

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    hi i went through a similar thing when i realized i ws bi. The best advice i can give you is to do what feels right to you. However personally i think tht if you really are in love with her you should let her know rather than stressing about it, but only if you're sure youre okay with being out. I don't think theres any shame in loving someone and however you choose to express that (whether being her friend or girlfriend) then it's up to you at the end of the day. Personally with my crush i wish i could go back in time and let her know that i loved her and cared about her far more than i did for myself, if only just to let her know that she was worth loving.

4. TimelordHunter

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I wish I could do that, but my social anxiety kind of makes me super anxious to do that. Is there anyway I could hint at her that I like her?

5. sarahpenny02

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    maybe you could try to be subtle about it. hint that you like girls, or wish that the two of you were actually dating. Personally i've had instances where im there for someone that i like,(and theyll talk about whether somone could be in love with them, etc) and then explain to them how i feel when i love someone unconditionally. That can work sometimes just by letting them know what youre like as a partner etc.
    But thats just me so what do i know.

6. Pereirar

Pereirar Guest

What I would do is tell the friend you came out to about your feeling toward this girl...Another way to see if she is interested is just by coming out to your friend group. If she continues than their is mutual interest....