1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do I meet gay teens in my area?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by chrisV, Aug 3, 2014.

1. chrisV

I'm 16 and live in a small suburban town, so naturally there aren't many gay people here (that I know of). There are only a few gay people at my school, and I really don't like any of them. I was wondering if there was a way to meet gay people near me. My school doesn't have an lgbt club, and the closest lgbt center is too far for me to get to on my own ( I don't have my license, and my parents don't know I'm gay.). I live on long Island if that helps at all.

Thanks in advance, and I'm sorry, I'm sure this question gets asked 5 million times a day.

2. tyuiop97

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There's lots of online communities such as this one for LGBT people. The one that I've had the most experience with is called Trevorspace which is more catered to teens. It's not a dating website or anything, but it can certainly help you find local friends. There's even an advanced search to find people in specific cities.

You could also just wait until you reach college, especially if you decide to attend one in a larger city. Tread carefully. A lot of websites like Emptyclosets have rules for off-site contact. And even if you do manage to contact someone, still play it safe.
    Best of luck :slight_smile: