1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out, then stepped back in

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Saai258, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Saai258

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok so I have known that I am gay for a very long time now but only recently have I come to accept it. About a year ago I told my mom I that I am gay. She handled it really well and told me that everything will be ok. She then told the rest of my house hold (I asked her to).

A week or two later me and my gran were having a chat. I'm not sure what were talking about but I remember saying "One day, when I have children I want to name them...". She corrected me and said that I would have to adopt children.

I knew this but I'm not sure why but then and there I did not want to be gay anymore, or at least i did not want them to know anymore :bang:.

It was like i was still trying to hide it even tough they knew. It kinda shocked me in a way. I don't think I was ready for the change. I then told my mom that I was just a bit confused (this was the easy way out since I was 13 at the time).

It's been a few months since and to this day that memory it what's been keeping me "locked up".

I am not sure who to talk to so I turned to the internet for some advice, hope you guys can help.

P.S.

I found Troye Sivan (SO CUTE!!! (*hug*)) on YouTube and seeing how happy he was helped me to accept my sexuality. This was about a week ago.

2. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's hard some times, but be happy with who you are. I think we all pass through a time in which we regret being who we are, especially in this society, but the truth is that we're born this way and will be miserable if we aren't true to who we're. You're gay, be proud, but the truth is that you can't stop being gay, you can only pretend to live a heterosexual lifestyle, which will only cause you a lot of suffering in the long run, so love yourself for who you are.

3. Saai258

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanx for the encouraging words. I came out some of my female friends and they seemed to be ok with it.

4. Candace

I know that it's going to seem hard right now, but look at it this way. You shouldn't have to live your life to please others. In this case, your grandma. Why should you be miserable and forcibly (secretly unwillingly) have kids with a wife, who you secretly don't want to be with, but whatever, it's what everyone else wants, you have kids, and then you come out as gay? Why do that? There are plenty of children around the world who I am sure would love to have you as their father.

1. Don't live your life for someone else. That makes both of you unhappy in the end.
    2. It's okay to adopt! Again, parents can be horrible parents even with their biological kids.
    3. Be happy that you're not having to hide anything or live a lie. :slight_smile: