1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

discrimination in the gay community

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dantheman2475, Aug 4, 2014.

1. So I finally came out to a few friends as bisexual. And it seems as though they don't believe it is a real sexual orientation although they were accepting of me. Im starting to realize im not even accepted in the gay community its like they avoid me ignore me for being bi. Im not confused I know what I am I know that I can and have loved both men and women. Why do I have to pick one?. So my question is what's up with all this hate from a community that knows what its like to be discriminated and hated on I feel like I should just completely stop liking guys and just focus on girls

2. mangotree

A friend of mine once called it "Inter-bitching".
    People basically just don't like what they don't understand.

I suppose it's also because a lot of gay guys, earlier in their lives, when they were questioning or coming to terms with it - thought they were bi, but then realised that they weren't. So they're projecting their experiences on to you.

Some also might wonder, if you like girls, why would you want to be with a man and get all of the discrimination etc that comes with it?

Just a couple of common misconceptions there...

Peace! (*hug*)

3. Because I really caint controller how I feel, if I meet a man that makes me happy makes my heart drop when I see them if I really fail in love with him and caint imAgine not being with him and losing him its worth any discrimination or obstacle I have to face to be with them I want someone to love and if its a man that I love so be it I don't care how hard it will be I just know I'd do whatever it takes.

---------- Post added 4th Aug 2014 at 01:19 PM ----------

Its like saying you only like brunette
    guys, but then you meet a blonde guy that you like. Oh shit are you confused I thought you only like brunettes thats weird how do you go back and forth

---------- Post added 4th Aug 2014 at 01:23 PM ----------

Not confused just have the capability to like both sorry I'll ranting