1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ugh in the closest...again.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by emerald, Sep 5, 2008.

1. emerald

Okay, I came out at an early age, and from then on I swore I would never, not ever, hide my sexuality again. And that worked, for about five years.
    Long story short- I went through all of middle school hating myself because I was gay, and then when I came out it was terrible. I went from being popular to the person everyone gossiped about. And it was that way right up until grauation (though to be fair it did decrease a little).
    But now I'm in college. And I find myself avoiding the topic like the plague with people. I'm talking to everyone, I've made tons of friends. And not like it should be important, but a lot of those friends come from important families and they're great connections to have later in life considering the career I'm getting into. There's no one that has a problem with me.
    And I'll be honest, it's nice. There's no one giving me strange looks, whispering about me, or going behind my back. I haven't had people steal anything and no guy has sexually harassed me. Girls aren't acting as if I'm about to jump them, and no one tells me I'm going to hell.
    But I feel like, I don't know, I'm betraying a part of myself. I have a fiance, so everyone thinks I'm hetero, but really I still identify as a lesbian (it's a long story). So I want to tell them, but it's so nice to be thought of as "normal."

#1 emerald, Sep 5, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  2. Bryan

Just because we dont have a heterosexual preference doesnt mean we are not normal. But I can understand what you are saying. If you are going to NYU (or some place like that), I dont think you will have a problem, but if u are going to the university of kansas, you might. Also remember... College students are ALOT more mature than highschool students. Be true to your self, and do whatever you think is right.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tell them what? "Yes, I'm engaged to a man, but I'm actually pansexual and self-identify as a lesbian"? The main reason to come out is so you don't have to sneak around seeing girls (in your case) without people wondering what's going on. If you're not going to be seeing girls, then there's really no reason to say anything, I don't think.

Lex