1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

want to say something but cant...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ormetail, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Ormetail

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I feel 99% comfortable and sure that I'm gay. I haven't come out to anyone yet but I'm almost bursting at the seems to tell someone but never quite have the guts to say something. I'm not sure of the thing thst makes me bit my toungue each time. It is getting me down a bit and holding me back. Any help would be appreciated :slight_smile:

2. Katbot

I guess I kind of chickened out, but i came out to a friend of mine by telling her that I had something to say, and then taking out my phone and texting it to her instead. She was in the room with me, and we talked afterwards, but it's easier to type the words than to say them I find!

If you have someone that you want to tell and your sure that you want to tell them, then writing it is how I did it a few times! Conversation will come after that, and you only have you write "I'm gay" or whatever :slight_smile:

3. PICollins91

I agree with Katbot, it's much easier to do it through writing. Also if you do it through a note or message it buys you enough time to think about what you want to say more clearly and prepare.

4. Hyaline

For some it is easier to do in writing than vocalizing it. Depends on which way you feel more comfortable. When I first came out I did it via writing, but many moons later, I have no trouble saying it out loud.

Your comfort level likely has a lot to do with it. Do what feels right to you.

Try this... write it down on paper... even if you tear it up and throw it away... Writing it down helps solidify the thought. And don't cheat and use a digital version. Get a piece of paper and a pen and write it...

5. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with the everyone's else's suggestions about saying it through written text. I also recommend coming out to the people you trust and are the most comfortable with first. Come out to the people you are sure will still respect you and care about you no matter what. Before coming out to someone, its best to know how they feel about gay people because obviously, they're more likely to accept your sexual orientation if they're not homophobic. Its best to get straight to the point when you're telling them. Coming out takes courage, so take your time with it

Good luck and I hope this helps :slight_smile: