1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting the 'Next Chapter'

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jim1454, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Jim1454

I thought I'd share with everyone what was going on with me... just for the sake of sharing.

I feel like I'm officially starting the 'next chapter' of my life this week. My wife and daughters have moved into their new place as of this past Saturday, so I'm now alone in the old house. I'll be moving out in a couple of months and into my own smaller place early in July.

It was really odd, spending last week helping to paint and get my wife's new place ready for her and our girls. Good, in that I was helping my wife out in this difficult time and giving my daughters something to be excited about (very 'girly' rooms - pink and purple!). Not so good - obviously - because the reality of our separation is now here.

So now its a matter of me doing things for me, and making a new / different life for myself. In a way I'm looking foreward to it, and at the same time it's pretty scary.

So I'll be leaning on all of you (virtually) a little more in the next little while. Based on what I've seen from this bunch, I'm sure you won't mind.

Thanks for all the support and feedback so far. I appreciate being a member of this group.

Jim

2. xequar

Well, here's to hoping that the next chapter is a page-turner for you! Are you going to be able to stay a part of the kids' lives? Whatever happens, I hope you find all the happiness in the world!

3. nick79

Wow!!!

Goodluck (*hug*)

4. Jim1454

I'll definitely be a part of the kids' lives! I've bought a place that is just 8 minutes away from my wife's, so there will be lots of opportunities to see them. I'll have them every other weekend at a minimum, and likely one night a week once things settle down and we get into a routine of some kind.

Thanks!