1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mom Onto My Relationship

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LadyLover, Aug 5, 2014.

1. LadyLover

So my girlfriend's mother is pretty sure about us and today we were sitting under a tree and she said "Hey, *****, do you know if ***** is gay?" and I said "I don't know." I would normally vent to my girlfriend about this but she has no reception at her campground. What do I do?! My girlfriend is in the closet.
    Thank you for any help you may give.

-LadyLover :kiss: (!)

2. Csp1993

Csp1993 Guest

I wouldn't bring it up around either of your parents. She shouldn't come out unless she's ready and it's safe for her to come out. If you're out to your parents, it might not be a bad idea just to let them know and tell them her parents don't know, so keep it on the down low until she's ready. You're going to have to tell somebody eventually or it'll drive you two crazy sneaking around.

3. Really

Her mom asked you about her, right? Whatever else, I wouldn't have thought she knows about your relationship unless she's fine with it and just sussing it out before talking to her daughter. If she's not fine with it and knew about you, I would have thought she'd be more hostile, no?

4. LadyLover

Csp1993, It is driving us crazy. We have a plan to move out together but that'll be when we're 18! It's such a long time! I think we might come out when we are freshmen.

-LadyLover :kiss: (!)

5. Hyaline

Don't out each other... It's not your place to do so. You need to do so in your own time in your own way. Outing someone else (for me) is probably the most inconsiderate thing you can do. Sorry don't mean to sound so mean about this.

Parents are going to ask... Let them and just say you don't know. Even if you do...