1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it always this hard?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TasteMyRainbow, Sep 6, 2008.

1. TasteMyRainbow

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    In seventh grade I was raped. I was in and out of the hospital a lot that year. due to miscommunication, people said it was because I had cancer. That, obviously, was not true. My girlfriend has cancer. She died a few days before I was raped.

After a few bouts of miscommunication, everyone in the student body (mind, I went to a K-8 school) found out that I was bi. Rumors spread like wildfire. The teachers at school were homophobic, all but two. I was no longer allowed to participate in Gym or use the rest rooms at school.

I went to highschool, and the people I went to school with before spread rumors to all the people I had yet to meet.

Now, theres this person who I like a lot. We became friends because we were victims of a similar senario. They're a lot like my girlfriend who died, and now I can't get them off my mind. They were really nice to me until just recently and I don't know why they won't talk to me now.

Do you think they're avoiding me because I'm bi, or is it something else? It hurts more than I thought it would...

2. Jim1454

That's a lot to take in from just one post...

Where are you? Your location has a lot to do with how people might be reacting to your orientation.

3. TasteMyRainbow

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
  4. smartguy

couldn't participate in gym or use the bathrooms?
    you live with some idiots

5. kramer362

how can a school in america legally tell you you cannot use the bathroom because you're bi? :eusa_doh:

6. Noah

OH, they can. I got kicked out of every club and organization, every school trip.

7. Noah

Sorry, didn't answer the question.
    As for your friends, ask them. I know girl relationships are different, but I try to ask my friends before assuming they are mad at me. It's saved me a lot recently. Has high school been better for you? I recommend a good psychologist. No kidding. It helps to have someone to talk to. Tell your parents that you need to see a psychologist. You don't have to tell them, or the doctor, anything.

8. hoping

Im really sorry your going through all this and im really sorry that your gf passed away:tears:.
    People say what doesnt kill you makes you stronger but i think your already a really strange person.
    I know it seems really hard atm but it will get better even though it doesnt seem it
    Remember your gf and dont feel sad remember all the great times you had together and let them make you smile, cry, laugh or even yell, let the memories enrich your spirit.
    She will always be with you in your heart.
    The people who are just being plain freaks towards you for stupid reasons they are just idiots, who dont deserve the satisfaction of seeing any reaction or hurt from you, be strong and let the see what an amazing girl you are and how strong and proud you are.

9. TasteMyRainbow

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    smartguy: Yes, They are idiots. all of them.

kramer362: Well... not legally... but that didn't seem to matter. I wasn't allowed in highschool either.

Noah: I think it may do some good for me to talk to them... Thanks. I've already seen a doctor for the stuff that happened before.

hoping: I'm not sad when I think of her. I miss her a lot, but it's easier to remember the good things. Thanks for the support

10. hoping

Remember that she is with you in a way and i know it sounds crazy but if you miss her go to your room or somewhere you two used to go and just talk to her or just write letters as if you were going to give them to here but just say how you feel and just write like she is still here in the flesh like '' do you remember when?'' or something like that.
    She will you be with forever and she knows how you feel about her and that you miss her, i believe that.
    let everything you two shared come into your heart and your soul and celebrate your love for her and celebrate her life.
    She would want you to be happy, you deserve to be happy and to feel safe and loved and you deserve someone who loves you and protect and she would want that too.
    Remember love lightens our life and our hearts and souls and what you shared with her is amazing, the pain you suffered from her loss is unimaginable, i cant even guess what it could be like, but think of her life and how happy you two were together.
    Im sorry if im rambling i didnt have much sleep last night.

11. Sam

Sam

Your school can't legally ban you from the bathroom or gym you need to talk to somebody about that. I would try to talk to the person who seems to be avoiding you and ask why. Things will get easier for you maybe when you are able to be independent you can get out of the area you live in. In the mean time focus on the good things and not the bad and ignore peoples negative comments because they aren't worth listening to. Good luck with everything.

Sam

12. TasteMyRainbow

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    hoping: I honestly cried when I read what you wrote. I don't think you'll ever fully understand how much it means to me.

biloved86: Thank you.

13. hoping

Dont ever loose faith in your love for her and hers for you cause even though she isnt here in flesh and blood your love will live on forever, your heart holds everything you need, the things you shared and even when you find someone else to love dont feel like your loosing her cause she will be yours forever in your heart and in your soul, your love will never die.