She knows I like her… eekk

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RENThead, Sep 7, 2008.

1. RENThead

Ok, I’ve been talking to a couple of people on here about my crush at work. (I’ll call her S) She is the first crush I have had since I’ve been out. So I can talk to my friends about it (I never could before, but its kinda making me like her even more)

Anyway, today I found out that she is gay too :icon_bigg
    Tho, not the way that I wanted to find out.

Well, at work on Friday, (we hire a uniform everyday, so we don’t have to wash, work does that for us, and we get lockers to put our clothes in) anyway, our lockers were really close, and we talked while we were getting dressed. Well, she talked, took me a while to say much back. S was annoyed because she had left her phone at work the day before, and it was gone. So I told her to use mine to call it – it didn’t ring. (I was kinda excited, because I would then have her number) but she didn’t find it, so alas – I cant txt her. But I was happy, because I was talking to her :icon_bigg

To complicate things a little bit more my best friend at work (she is bi – lets call her J) went out last night down the coast, and ran into S at a bar. J got my crush’s new number, and asked one of S’s friends if she was gay (both J and I hadn’t been able to figure her out) the friend said she was.

Well J was drunk, and was talking to S… and just happened to tell her that I like her… (J cant remember what the response was, but she said she laughed a little, but doesn’t really remember)

J told me about everything that happened in a txt this morning, and I saw S at work 2day, it was kinda awkward. I don’t know what to say to her. We didn’t really talk about much before… I don’t know if she was drunk, or if she remembers, or if she didn’t even here it. she said hey to me as she walked past on her break. (I went bright red)

I so wish I had of said something to her. Maybe apologised for her finding out that way. But I don’t know what to say.
    I will probably see her again tomorrow. What do I say? Help! :help:

2. -Michael-

"heey did you see 'J' the other night? She said she saw you out"

....and away you fly.

3. lexie

aw no! hey thats great that there could be a chance....:icon_bigg

but yeah thats the worst. haha, in her drunken state she probably thought she was helping move things along with you and your crush--the bad idea's always seem great idea's when you're drinking..

well im pretty sure she'll remember what your friend said to her. i understand it'll be awkward for you, id feel tense too...i guess she'll realise it'll be awkward for you, but if she's still saying hey, at least she's acknowledging you, and isnt blanking you or ignoring you, you'd feel a million times worse if she blanked you. thats a good thing.

i know people advise the direct approach but not everyone has the balls to be direct in these kind of situations. i dont think i could be, i think even if you ask her point blank about, oh so my friend said she saw you out, and see how the convo leads, that she wont say it. you'd have to be pretty ballsy to say 'yeah i heard you like me' or something. cause that to me would be awkward. her reaction to you starting up the convo would probably say more than what she'd say out loud, cause i dont think she'd wanna make you uncomfortable by saying anything. she might start talking to you more gradually or she might give you space if she likes you, i doubt she'll push it though. i dont know if anything will change unless you say something to her, but do you feel like you can right now?

4. RENThead

i dont know what my friend was thinking... she has appologised alot. but im not mad at her... its probably what i needed (because im to ckicken to tell her myself)

i think i would be able to talk to her... but i just dont know what to say.
    im not really a quick thinker. and she is.. very out there. doesnt care what anyone thinks.
    i dont wanna say the wrong thing. but i get butterflies and cant think straight when im around her. (straight isnt the right word... clearly)

5. -Michael-

^^

6. RENThead

^^
    im gunna try it...
    ill b back 2moro night to tell you how it goes.

wish me luck... (maybe i need more than luck...)

7. lexie

if you feel like you can talk, just mention how your friend said she saw her like michael said, and see what she says in response.
    but i still think she'll wait for you to mention what your friend told her either way, if she's sensitive about your feelings i dont think she'll mention it...but if she mentions it, it would almost be better, cause then you wouldnt have to lol

its knowing what to say, after she responds to what you say innitially, i guess...and i have no clue what id say in that situation. probably something along the lines of 'hey so my friend told me what she said to you....i hope this isnt gonna make things awkward for us' *cue awkwardness* lol so maybe not...i guess just go with the flow and see what happens. maybe dont even mention it, cause she's gonna know you know anyway, just like you know she knows..yeah maybe just go with the flow of the convo..

8. RENThead

ok, i was really planning on talking to her yesterday.
    it was a crazy busy day at work, everything went wrong, then i got to the canteen and i thought my day couldnt get any worse, but she was there.
    i didnt talk to her, just smiled and walked past.. (CHICKEN)

i saw her again after work, and she was teasing me about... something stupid...
    but i still didnt talk to her.. she had someone with her...

but i WILL do it 2moro... (or else i dont see her again till sunday)
    please let me see her alone 2moro... please who ever is up there...

9. lexie

teasing is a good sign i think! and good luck for tomorrow :slight_smile:

10. Noah

Good luck! Sounds promising to me :grin:

11. RENThead

ok, i havent been home for a couple of days... but things have kinda progressed.. a little..

i had promised my friends that i would go out to a club (well, to a gay bar) with them - and they had a suprise for me that night...
    thursday - i had a huge fight with mum - about my gay friends - she doesnt approve...
    i wasreally pissed and walked out, and i havent been home since, just giving mum some time to calm down (its saturday today)

anyway, i was really annoyed but i prommised my friends i would come out, so i went out with them, we were waiting outside the club for everyone to turn up, and accross the road i see steph... i went 'OMG, you did not do that to me' my friends invited her...

i didnt talk to her much, i just wasnt in the mood for clubbing, and i was really nervous... she knew like EVERYONE there... and she seemed to have a good time...
    i kinda have her number, a friend gave it to me, and i sent her a msg appologising (my friend invided her, and she came, because she knew i would be there, and she knows i like her...) but im not going to save her number untill i ask her for it.
    stupid pride

and 2moro is my day off, but i called and asked did they need me (they always do) and im working in the staff canteen, so i should see her...
    and now i can talk to her without blushing, and without getting nervous. :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: im a little excited...
    tho im not sure when im going home, im staying with a friend for a couple of days, mum hasnt tried to call me....

12. Absentminded

Good luck, it sounds like something may happen. If she's not picking on you super bad, but not ignoring you, it seems that she may like you too!

13. lexie

good luck and let us know what happens when you next chat then. she sounds nice and understanding. especially since she knows you like her, but isnt putting you in uncomfortable situations or positions by mentioning it.

14. RENThead

well, its been a couple of weeks now :slight_smile:
    thisafternoon, as i was leaving work, she was waiting for a friend. so i stoped and said hi. invited her to the drive in next week, and asked for her number (and found out she already had my number saved in her phone)
    i was shaking soo much... and i still cant make proper sentences around her (i get so nervous)

but, im really excited - and proud with myself.. (not trying to bignote myself)

now that I got her number for myself (not from a friend) i will txt her... maybe 2moro..

her ex has just started working at the same company as us... so shes a bit pissed of with getting f***ed around by her. she said shes not looking to date anyone, but she thinks im cute... (she told my best friend she is horny - then someone asked why doesnt she get with me - she said because shes not like that)

so i think things are going to be good...
    :grin:

just thought i'd let everyone who gave me idea's a big THANKYOU!!!!
    ill let you know what happens at the drive in.. :grin: