1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help being more open about my sexuality?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by rhapsodic, Aug 11, 2014.

1. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I want to try and be more open about my sexuality. When people ask, I want to be able to tell them the truth without feeling ashamed or embarrassed. I also want to be more open about it this coming school year. People at my high school are overall pretty accepting of the LGBT community (there are obviously some exceptions, but for they most part, they are). I don't really care about the people who aren't though, because I know that there's definitely people who would still be accepting and supportive of me. There are actually a few openly LGBT kids at my school, so I feel like if I'm more open about my sexuality, a could maybe make some new friends or meet someone special.

I think part of the issue is that I need to learn to accept myself more. So, do any of you have any tips on being more open about your sexuality and accepting yourself for who you are?

2. Really

Would making friends with the openly LGBT kids help? Maybe just casually hanging around them or eating lunch with them?

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Is there a gay-straight alliance at your school?

4. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There isn't a GSA. I wish there was, but the school board banned GSAs in the past (I don't know if they still are banned though?) because its a catholic school and it goes against the "teachings of the church". I don't think my school is homophobic though, since there are openly gay kids and no body seems to have a problem with it.

And there's actually a couple of girls that I've spoken to in the past, one of them is a lesbian and the other is bi, and I'm hoping to talk them more and maybe because friends because they're really nice and chill.

I want some advice on how to accept myself though? Anyone?

5. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well idk if it could work with you too but i watched queer as folk the american one
    and for me after i finished some episodes i really felt a little better of course i didnt stop until i finished the whole show and until now i still watch it from time to time and i started to accept myself more and i found EC while searching for something on google and well you could say myself was 100% accepted of course a lot of happened before all this but those were steps that i really remember helped me love myself