1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Nervous

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Swamp56, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

:astonished:

In my relationship, we've gotten to the point of hugging (which is good :slight_smile: ), but I've just noticed that I'm afraid to try to do anything more to advance the relationship, or afraid to hug because I keep thinking he's going to refuse...

Not sure why I have this....yes, it is my first relationship, but it's a very healthy one ^^ .

Does anyone have any suggestions :slight_smile: ?

Thanks in advance ;D

2. All you can do is ask imo.
    I just had my first boyfriend and after a week of dating spent the day together and I was far too nervous to do anything but luckily he asked if it was ok if we kissed.
    I said yes so we did, right on sunset and we were up on a hill overlooking the whole town. =)
    I know it sounds lame but after that it became easy. If he had tried to kiss me I probably would have pulled away by reflex so asking in advance worked out for the best.

3. Master Hade

Master Hade Guest

thats not lame it is sweet!!!!! sooooo sweet!

4. partietraumatic

yeah the best thing is to talk about it. i had my first bf and i was very nervous about the whole kissing thing. so i told him this. and he said that was compleetly ok and there was no pressure. so when i did feel ready i kissed him and it was amazing becuase i felt ready for it and we had talked about it. i guess talking is always the answer to most reltionship problems...

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sure. Just ask, "It's OK if I give you a hug, right?" I can guarantee he'll say "of course". :slight_smile:

Lex

6. -Michael-

All me kisses just start with people talking REALLY close to me...

then then keep talking getting closer and closer...
    then it becomes apparent when they're basicly talking to your tonsils.

7. (O_O) So if I were to start a conversation with you Michael I'd have to be sure not to lean even an inch forward or else we'd be making mouth babies?
    =( How come no one kisses me just because we're talking?

8. Samus610

Listen. I know him very well. He will definitley not refuse a hug from you. You can talk me if you want.