1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The last few hurdles

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Max990, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Max990

Max990 Guest

Hey all,

So I seem to be forever struggling to come out.
    I've recently grown in confidence and tried online dating. So I'm happy to put a picture up and if someone finds out...well that's that.
    I had one date, that didn't go so well haha.
    But I have anxiety - I ask myself how on earth I will ever find a girlfriend when there is hardly any gay people in my area and I don't know anyone.
    What if I condemn myself to loneliness?
    Would it be better to just suffer but at least have companionship with a decent man?

Yes no doubt I'm being dramatic. But these are the types of excuses I keep coming up with not to confirm my identity. Or I feel like I'm asexual.

How do I get over that last bit of anxiety and denial?

2. Robins Jacket

It may take you a little while longer to figure out what your sexuality and that's perfectly alright, but darling don't stress yourself out so much! Also keep in mind that you don't NEED a partner. I don't know how old you are but everyone's different so it might take you a few months or maybe even a few more years to figure you sexuality out, but stressing over it do much accounts for the anxiety. In the words of the marvelous Beatles, just let it be. You'll know when you find the right person. To me, the label doesn't matter so much because it's really just you following your feelings. The only reason I'd identify with pansexual is because I don't take gender into account and I've found girls cute and I've found guys cute.
    I'm not sure this was in the least bit helpful but I hope you'll find some comfort in it.
    I send much luck and love <3 <3