1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So much for GSA

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Hidden Angel, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

We have been looking onto starting a GSA at my school but now it seems to have all come to a stand still. The only other out gay person at school has backed out and that only leaves me and a couple of my straight mates and they don't seem that interested. Also since we are only a small rural school it is unlikely that even if we did start advertising anyone would turn up.

The thing is I was really looking forward to it and now that it doesn't look like its going to happen I feel like crap and don't know what to do; sometimes it was the only reason I looked forward to going to school.:icon_sad:

I just don't know what to do now.

2. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know how you feel...

I'd really like to start a GSA at my university. But it would be a really tough job as it would be the first organization of its kind in the country and I DUNNO HOW TO DO IT :frowning2:

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I am sorry that the GSA hasn't worked out yet. But don't give up on it. Do you know why the other gay person has lost his/her interest? Maybe you could talk to the person and see what's going on. Also talk to your straight friends again. Even though you are in a small rural school don't underestimate the interest that there might be. Give it a try and see what happens.

If it doesn't work out, know that you have tired and given your best and I think this counts for a lot. College/University is not far away. Try to look forward to starting or joining a GSA at your college or university.

Hope this helps a bit.

4. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

I have talked to him about why he lost interest and it seems to be that he wants to be part of a GSA but doesn't want to waste his lunch times putting in the time and effort to start one.