1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Met new acquaintances, should I come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MassiveExtract, Aug 13, 2014.

?

You should...

1. Let them know, tonight!

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Drop hints, see if they can catch it.

11 vote(s)
    68.8%
  3. Wait till the relationship builds further.

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. Don't let them know... ever. (come on, really?)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello, another thread from me.

Alright, so I met some new people about 3 weeks ago during one of my summer classes and they were really cool. The thing is that of the two girls, both had a crush on me. The day before classes ended one of her friends told me that one of the girl had a crush me and my response was "Oh... wow... well, I don't feel the same way." It was hard to let her know, but you know... I'm gay.

So today we're going out to the movies and both of the girls who were interested in me are going as well. I feel like I shouldn't let things escalate, because in the past that's what has happened and it only causes problems for me and the people involved, however it will be my first time coming out to someone who's not my friend, but instead cool people who might want to be my friends.

Is it too risky, or should I let them know?:tears:

#1 MassiveExtract, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  2. Ada M7

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Drop the hints... See if they stick around.

3. wolf of fire

If your out the closet and you get the point where you start telling each other little things such as your left handed or went to Oxford just include I'm (insert orientation)

4. Compute

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Try and slip in some hints. Bringing a lot of attention to it can sometimes put a lot of people off. I'd recommend using a "Wow [Insert Male Star In Movie] looks cute!" and they'll probably get the idea from there, and then you don't have to make too much of a song and dance about it as long as you say it in a natural way.

If you don't feel comfortable doing subtle hints, then it may be better just to confront them calmly if they try to make a move, and explain why you felt the need to tell them.

Good luck and have a fun movie. (*hug*)

5. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wish I would have seen these posts before, I should have given hints or just said I was gay, straight out. It was awful. First the girl that liked me kept hitting on me and I just had to play along. They kept asking me about girls, and girlfriends and it made me feel so weird. I knew I was f*** when she started to talk about my voice. I have a really deep, erotic and sexy Spanish voice that wets girls pants. It's probably the main reason the gaydar doesn't go off on most people. As the night wore on we went to the movie theater parking lot and had fun, drinking and dancing, but then I noticed that I was forced to dance with her. I mean I dance with my girlfriends, but it's like she was dancing with me because she liked me, and I was hiding the fact that I felt uncomfortable because I don't feel the same way, not because I don't like her, but because I'm gay.

The odd thing about this was before I accepted that I was gay it didn't bother me, but the truth is that I didn't want to dance with girls so when stuff like this happen, I usually would dance quickly or brush it off, like tonight, the difference being that now it bothered me and made me feel rather sad that I couldn't be myself. It's horrible living a lie. :frowning2:

#5 MassiveExtract, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  6. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The longer you wait, the harder it will be to tell them, and on them. Don't let it get to the point where they feel like you were intentionally lying to them.

7. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I've noticed that will all my friends. I believe next time we go out I'll come out. I can't keep lying to them and its not fair for me either.

8. Candace

Make some subtle hits for now and see what happens. If they don't catch on, either make them more frequently or less subtle, more obvious until they finally get it.