1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just came out as Trans on facebook, I'm shaking.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by itsAli, Aug 13, 2014.

1. itsAli

Well, I didn't, my boyfriend posted a status about it (with my permission)

So, it turns out that my fantastic, incredible (Patience of a saint) girlfriend, Ali is actually my exceedingly handsome boyfriend.
    That's right, he is Trans*, and wants you all to use male pronouns. and to be fair, that's not too hard, now is it?!
    And if you have a problem, buy this (Link to a dildo shaped like the queen) and insert it, vigorously into your anus.

And my best friend who's known for ages, commented:
    I CANT FUCKING BELIEVE THIS I AM SO DISGUSTED BY YOU ALI I CANT BELIEVE THAT IN THIS DAY AND AGE THIS IS HAPPENING. HOW CAN YOU POST A SELFIE WITHOUT USING A FILTER SMH.

What's done is done, and now all I can do is see what people say. I can't stop shaking.

"I feel like the only acceptable pronoun is dudebro - I think it suits you Ali "

"Let's face it, we all saw this coming, and have long since accepted and loved you as our bro. ;D"

#1 itsAli, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  2. Abi

Abi Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yay for you, best of luck. Tell me how it goes <3

3. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You are really really brave. I start to think about all the conversations I'll have to have and I know from hard stuff in the past that I can do it, but I'll be crying pretty much every time as I explain to these people exactly how strongly I feel.

Thank you for being so brave. :eusa_clap

4. itsAli

I'm not going to lie Kai, I was shi**ing myself, I had to get someone else to do it
    Once you tell the immediate people in your life, it's easier to tell the others, I feel like the general protocol is tell the people closest to you personally, then let all the others know in your own time

Good luck, I believe in you, if you ever need to talk or need support I'm here (*hug*)

5. Tetra

Way to go man! That takes extreme courage to be able to let people know about something so personal, and I think you're incredibly brave for doing this.

By the way, your boyfriend deserves props too. I very much liked his explanation, I don't think it was possible to word it ANY better than he did.

Again, way to go!

6. itsAli

Thank you :slight_smile: It's been support so far

7. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It gets easier, I agree. The first two times I said it I felt like my heart was going to fall to the ground. Now it's just like - Yeah, I'm gay. What are you going to do about it? Since I'm pretty tall, black and intimidating, surely you don't to beat me up here. :lol:

8. wolf of fire

Well done and good luck in the future to both of you.