1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what to do now?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sugarplum, Aug 14, 2014.

1. sugarplum

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hi I am new to this,
    but anyways I am bisexual and I just started to come out this year. My friend was telling about rumors about me being a lesbian. and I said well it isn't all that wrong. So I told I was bi. I asked her how to tell my parents. She didn't know, but we both had this teacher. He was gay and very nice, I trust him a lot. So she said go talk to him. So I did and my friend came with me. She had to tell him because I don't like to talk about it and it was scary. (for me) He didn't tell me much except he will support me and just tell them when you are ready. Well I want to tell them. I can't be myself because they don't know. I don't know what they think of this subject. I don't what to do. I have friends that will help me. I can't sleep at night because I think about this. I just need advice on what to do? Thank you.

2. Wolf of The Baltic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello madam

I think that you should tell your parents when you know that they will be accepting of you. If you know they vote for gay marriage to be banned then don't tell them. What may be the hardest part is how. I suggest you clear the conversation and mention you have something serious to talk to them about. Then tell them. If need my help ask away

-the king

3. Najlen

A couple things you can do if you're scared (which I totally understand) are coming out through a letter or note, or if your parents are for gay rights, bring a friend with you. I wouldn't do that if you aren't sure, because if they get upset, you could be banned from seeing that friend. If you know they aren't accepting, as King of The Baltic said, you shouldn't tell them now. Wait until you are on your own and financially stable. I know that seems like a long time, but it's the best thing to do for your safety if they aren't accepting.

4. sugarplum

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How do I know if they are against gay marriage?

5. Dionysus

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

You can always casually bring it up in a conversation.

6. Kj802

Like, Dionysus said, bring it up casually, or even make up a story like,
    ' I saw this gay couple on the sidewalk today....' And continue it on from there and note how they act, (*hug*).

Kj802

7. sugarplum

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I brought it up that my two friends are dating. ( they are both bisexual) and all my mom said is "Cool whatever makes her happy." what should I think of that?

8. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    not completely sure where you go with that statement by your mom, but it is positive and that is encouraging.:thumbsup: